New Virtual Santa Coming Soon

MarcD

Full time elf
thecrazylightlady said:
thats how ill be doing mine this year MarcD, very easy, going to have a powerpoint presentation going in between each screening of Virtual Santa as well with times my lights turn on etc. Keep us informed as i would be interested in the new video

Can I give you a little tip? The magic of virtual Santa is kids actually thinking Santa is in your house (and parents asking how we do it). It's very convincing when he comes to the window and waves. If you stick a powerpoint presentation in there, it may well ruin the magic.

We just burnt the virtual Santa video to DVD and play it on a loop in a $29 DVD player. Fire it up at 7pm and shut it down at 10pm. Just my thoughts.

MarcD

Full time elf
AndiK said:
Wow that would look amazing, my kids would love it... Can't wait to hear more about it.

For some strange reason, I seem to have become Jon Hyers new best friend. All because I bought some Halloween videos which didn't work and queried it with him. Kinda weird.

thecrazylightlady

Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P
virtual Santa was a huge hit last night with people actually thinking we had santa in our house. The powerpoint presentation in there wasnt a problem. Would like to get other virtual santa scenes to play in there too. Does anyone have suggestions of a good one to get please

drlucas

Apprentice elf
MarcD said:
AndiK said:
Wow that would look amazing, my kids would love it... Can't wait to hear more about it.

For some strange reason, I seem to have become Jon Hyers new best friend. All because I bought some Halloween videos which didn't work and queried it with him. Kinda weird.

Friends give friends discounts on virtual Santa videos :)

Can't wait to hear more about the new video....errrr see it!!!

MarcD

Full time elf
I sent an e-mail to Jon Hyers asking how his shoot for the new virtual Santa video's went and whether he had a release date in mind. I received the following reply:

"The shoot went well, as to WHEN… I don't know if it's likely to be this year, sadly. I have not had a day free of DVD orders in 3 months. That's a good thing, but all my time is used up. We had 2 days of filming, plus a 3rd day for our Virtual Pope, which I THINK is going to a huge GAG video hit. [/color]

Oh, and a fourth shoot for our upcoming Personalized Virtual Santa and ME product, which puts customers in their living rooms,into the scene with Santa,. Mrs, Elves, etc. Plus I'm getting ready for 3 of my Christmas videos being on the ABC TV show for the 3rd year in a row, and it's already Thanksgiving.
[/color][/color]I can''t rush the North Pole edition, and may try for ONE effect, and sell it, we'll see. I'll let you know.
[/color][/color]JON"

AndiK

Apprentice elf
Thanks for the update.. just bought the Santa and Mrs CLAUS one... Kids are going to love it.

thecrazylightlady

Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P
MarcD said:
I sent an e-mail to Jon Hyers asking how his shoot for the new virtual Santa video's went and whether he had a release date in mind. I received the following reply:

"The shoot went well, as to WHEN… I don't know if it's likely to be this year, sadly. I have not had a day free of DVD orders in 3 months. That's a good thing, but all my time is used up. We had 2 days of filming, plus a 3rd day for our Virtual Pope, which I THINK is going to a huge GAG video hit.

Oh, and a fourth shoot for our upcoming Personalized Virtual Santa and ME product, which puts customers in their living rooms,into the scene with Santa,. Mrs, Elves, etc. Plus I'm getting ready for 3 of my Christmas videos being on the ABC TV show for the 3rd year in a row, and it's already Thanksgiving.
I can''t rush the North Pole edition, and may try for ONE effect, and sell it, we'll see. I'll let you know.
JON"
virtual santa and ME sounds interesting, happy to wait for it though as im having a huge success with the virtual santa im using. Neighbour thought i had my hubby (the grinch) dressed up and putting on a show, lol

MarcD

Full time elf
Latest from Jon Hyers is that he's snowed under filling orders of virtual Santa and won't even get to start editing the new videos until summer (in the northern hemisphere). He's been busy filling orders for the DVD version to the tune of 100 per day.

Enjoy the virtual Santa we have and tell visitors to come back next year for something new.

MarcD

Full time elf
More info from Jon Hyers. Looks like 2016 will be a big year for virtual Santa:

" Actually I am happy to report that I am officially focusing on Christmas over Halloween. We had MAJOR presence on National TV of our FX. So we got so many things planned for 2016, including Projections that look 3D for the GROUND!!! Should be great.
[/color]We filmed a Nice Virtual Pope Francis that is turning out nice
[/color]And we plan on doing Black Santa and Elf on the Shelf too, many more I suspect
[/color]I got some animators here who are pumped to do more, and we will.
[/color]JON"