newb with a nutcracker model question...

fxdwg

New elf
sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I did some searching but didn't find my answer...
new to nutcracker/xlights, have been playing with it for several days now. I have a display element that is 100 pixels. it is three concentric starts, the outer star contains 50 pixels. the middle star contains 30 pixels and the inner star contains 20 pixels.

I can create the outer star using the "star" option inside nutcracker, but am at a loss how I create the other two stars so I can use the built in effects from nutcracker... does this make sense? am I going about this the correct way?

thanks for any and all help!

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
I'm not sure where to find the information, but I can give you a good hint on what to use in nutcracker, look at the custom model function. I built my matrix singing faces with it and it sounds like it would work for your application. Maybe someone knows where the video tutorial for the custom model resides. Not a lot of help, but at least gets you pointed in the right direction.
John

smeighan

Dedicated elf
we dont have a specific model for 3 concentric stars (not yet). I have a 3 concentric star that goes on my megatree. the tree stars are 10,20 and 30 nodes.

i just used a model of single line saying there was 1 string of 6o nodes.

fire, meteors, butterfly, spiral all worke don it.

more models are coming next year.