newbe from the Hunter Valley NSW

dal839

New elf
hello all, have been wanting to get into this for some time now, I'm a workshop manager with a whole heap of toys to play with no time on my hands to use them, bass and cod fishing, sporting shooting, the outdoors type but love the look on kids faces when they see colored lights,

have vixen and created a seq in it looks ok bases it on 16 channels but i can add more LOL
where to from here

hope some one can help me along the path

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Hi Dal839. Welcome to ACL.

"Where to go from here", Indeed is a great question, As you will find out from a bit of reading there are many different paths you can consider. The first step will be Planning and asking Questions to find out how silly you want to go with your display. It all doesn't have to happen over night and with some basic essential hardware purchases your display will be able to get as big as you like.

Keep an eye out in the new year for postings about State gatherings called "Minni's" they are a get together to learn about and share knowledge about everything blinky Flashey. These are a great way to pick the brains of more experienced members. preliminary info for these can be found here

Bird

LOR user
Welcome to ACL.

You will find many here willing to help you expand your display and help you get CLAP (Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem).

Any idea what kind of animation you are wanting? Trees, arches, etc.
You have a video of your current display?

Look forward to seeing you in posts and chat.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, you have come to the right place to learn how to put some action in your display and put those smiles on both kids and adults faces. Feel free to post any questions or pop into the chat for some advice/info, the guys are a helpful bunch. You have given yourself plenty of time to learn and prepare for 2012