Newbie from Florida, USA

Andreholl

New elf
I am happy to be a member of this forum. I have yet to set up my first display. I have acquired a Kulp-8 controller and 1,200 pixels. I’m sure with all of your help I will be successful at creating my first light show.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL! Be sure to familiarise yourself with the 101 manual if you haven't already, and have a read through the forums or pop into chat whenever you need some help.

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Hello and welcome!

Since you are in Florida you might want to think about the Florida mega Mini if it is close enough to you.

It's a great place to learn a lot quickly and be able to meet others in the hobby locally.

orlandoal

Angry Elf!
I am happy to be a member of this forum. I have yet to set up my first display. I have acquired a Kulp-8 controller and 1,200 pixels. I’m sure with all of your help I will be successful at creating my first light show.
Hi,

Orlando here, do lot's of reading and research, ask questions, watch videos on you tube and elsewhere, it should all fall into place.

@Indigogyre I was looking for the Florida Mega Mini info, thanks for that, unfortunately the registration link on their site is not working, hopefully they will sort it out.

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Hi,

Orlando here, do lot's of reading and research, ask questions, watch videos on you tube and elsewhere, it should all fall into place.

@Indigogyre I was looking for the Florida Mega Mini info, thanks for that, unfortunately the registration link on their site is not working, hopefully they will sort it out.
To my knowledge it has not yet officially opened for this year. It should be within the next couple of weeks so keep an eye on it.

Andreholl

New elf
Thank you all for the advice. I have watched many YouTube videos and they are very useful.

Andreholl

New elf
Thank you for the Florida Mega Mini link. My wife wants to go to this event. It will be a great getaway and our 27th anniversary also.

TerryK

Retired Elf
Transworld has their Christmas/Halloween/Excape Room show scheduled early February in St. Louis. The 2023 Christmas Expo is scheduled in Lexington, Kentucky July 13-15. The Christmas Expo moves; a year or 2 past it was in Vegas.