Newbie from the US Hi ALL

Mcas4380

Apprentice elf
Another newbie here yep I’m thinking about joining the RGB Revolution as well. A little about me, I’m from Springfield IL US. I have had the full blown case of CLAP for over 5 years now, and other at my house suffers from seasonal CLAP. Currently I have a 96 channel LOR display (2nd Year using LOR) with lots of other stuff thrown in to taste LOL.
I like the DIY aspect of this hobby I like to try and see what I can build with a tight budget in mind always (6 person family with one income tight). With that being said I’m trying to figure out what to do to outline our house been using C-9 incans but I’m done with that.
I thought about LED in Multiple colors with another AC controller but then cost wise it would be cheaper to go RGB Dumb strips from what I can tell (Is this right?)
Then with more reading I saw that RGB 2811 aren’t much more and give me more options yet. (Is that right)
Help I’m lost and love it.
I know I have a lot more reading to do to figuring out the best for me but I thought I would introduce myself since I will be hanging around for a long while. Any advice on a direction to start studying would be great. I have a smaller house so if anyone has idea’s I would be glad to listen.
Also I have read ACL 101 and watched Holiday Coro video’s that’s how I got all this crazy idea’s
P.S isn’t this Hobby great.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Mcas

Sounds like you are already on the right track, reading the manual and then asking questions.
We have a good DC controller vendor here in the US that is also a ACL member. However don't write off the great AUS products either. Many here in ther US have ordered items from AUS. Point is, different 'good' vendors are members here and while each has their own great products, some of those products are similar but what is best for you may be a combination of products from different vendors.

Some of the replies may be slow this time of year as folks tend to take a very short break after the lighting season.

bovonic

New elf
Hi! I don't know much of anything yet either, but you summed it up perfectly - "Help I’m lost and love it." :D

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Sounds like your getting the CLAP (Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem) big time, well your amongst fellow sufferers here, so welcome to ACL