Newbie looking for help! Setting up new J1sys ECG-D4 to 3 LOR CTB16PC

SallyMarie

New elf
Hello,
I'm copying Bluzervic set up and trying to control my 3 LOR CTB16PC controllers via the J1sys DMX Bridge ECG-D4. I also have some LOR CCB's and LOR RGB dumb floods, but one thing at a time. I have updated the unit numbers for 3 LOR CTB16PC units to be 01 (for the first one) 17 (for the second), then 33 (for the last one). I have a cross over cable connecting the ECG-D4 to the first unit, then reg cat 5e daisy chaining the other 2 together. I'm testing my connection by using the da_e131.exe program. I can only get lights to work on the first unit! I get a solid light on my second unit, but a blinking light on my third! I'm thinking . . . maybe I'm missing something in the set up of my ECG-D4? I used the help video ublecg2 from AussiPhil to set it up. Any Ideas?

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
so far you have done everything correctly from your description. now time for some trouble shooting.
Connect the controllers to the dr-4 one at a time and also test both rj45 connections for each test with a known good Cat5 cable.

check the settings on the dr-4 to make sure it is outputting a whole universe and not just 16 channels.

Jump into chat as often as you can and someone should be able to guide you if your still stuck or log into your computer and have a look for you.

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Here is how you should have them set up. Use a USB dongle to set the correct LOR address for each controller.

Controller 1: LOR Controller address = 01, 1st channel = 01, last channel = 16
Controller 2: LOR Controller address = 02, 1st channel = 17[/size], last channel = 32
[/size]Controller 3: LOR Controller address = 03, 1st channel = 33[/size], last channel = 48

Set up your ECG-D4 so one output is 512 channels and is 1 universe, this will be the output for all 3 devices.
The LOR x-over is connected to the 1 unit with a regular cat 5 between units 1 and 2 and units 2 and 3

Hope this helps, if you have any issues, send me a PM with your contact info and I will give you a call.

-Blu

[/size]

SallyMarie

New elf
Thank you both for your advice! I got it all working today. I took all of your advice and just started over. I checked all my settings and connections - checked my firmware and Unit ID numbers - checked my cables. I think I was interpreting the Unit ID to Starting DMX Address Table wrong. Once I fixed my Unit Id's everything connected! Then I wasn't sure how to set my unit IDs for Universe 2 for my LOR CCB's, but I found an old post from you - Blu- that totally gave me the answer! I have my floods working too! I'm so excited! Don't you love when it all just works!?

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Excellent result, It can be a bit depressing when you hook it up and nothing happens, always pays to walk away from it and go back to the beginning and start again sometimes.