Newbie problems

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
Oh ok, it is the one at the start. How do I solve that issue if that’s it? I’ve plugged the female from the controller to the male of the lights (side where D I is)
You'll need to verify that the + and - wires are going to the + and - wires of the pixel, if they are, then the data will be the 3rd wire never trust the colours on pigtails to be correct.

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
I see that you've used the green/yellow as ground, usually that's the data wire on pigtails, so I have a feeling you've got them backwards, but do this at your own risk, it may pay to only touch the wires into the connector in the case that something goes wrong you can remove them fast.

azzb

New elf
I don’t know what’s going on now. I have the brown as positive, green yellow data and blue ground. They all flick on when I plug it in and then nothing.

azzb

New elf
Ok great stuff 👌🏼
the test mode on the controller works

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    930.8 KB · Views: 9

azzb

New elf
Wonderful, we've got that part working, now you just need to get it running from a computer.
Correct. cheers

as I’ve only got one set of pixels plugged into port 1, I’ve only set up as a test for configuration

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    876.2 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8

azzb

New elf
To me that looks correct, so long as you have Xlights pointing to the IP on your controller and you have turned on the output to lights button, it should work
Ok, obviously the wires was a great tip 👍🏼
another great tip was turning xLights output to lights 😂

thanks soo much for your help