Newbie Woes

livetoride

Full time elf
Have you got the green wire available out of your pigtails or are they just the 3 core ones?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Kitman

Full time elf
You may also have your voltage too high, check what volts are coming from the power supply to make sure it is in fact 12v and not 12.5. You could also drop it down a little to 11.5v to see if that makes a difference.

Also how far is the wire from the controller to the strip? You may be running too far with too small a wire. Just a thought.

msherratt

New elf
Live2ride-Daniel said:
Have you got the green wire available out of your pigtails or are they just the 3 core ones?

Just three core cable
I am looking at the pixlite now and it appears I have wired the +Ve -Ve and data in the correct pins on the controller. Hmmm this is doing my head in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msherratt

New elf
Kitman said:
You may also have your voltage too high, check what volts are coming from the power supply to make sure it is in fact 12v and not 12.5. You could also drop it down a little to 11.5v to see if that makes a difference.

Also how far is the wire from the controller to the strip? You may be running too far with too small a wire. Just a thought.
One of the spiral trees is less than a metre from the controller. Surely that isn't too far

msherratt

New elf
Live2ride-Daniel said:

The wiring according to the manual is correct but I am wondering whether I should try connecting the data cable to the clock pinout on the pixelite. I know this pin can be used if the pixelite is in its expanded mode. Maybe it has something to do with that. I am just guessing.