trebs

New elf
Hi everyone,

Just found this forum from a post on the LOR forums, great to be talking to some "local" guys. Have learn't heaps on the LOR forums and they are a great bunch, but not too much related to Aussie conditions / power etc, so hoping to utilise the users here to have an even better display this year for xmas...

Only have 16 channels at the moment (240 v CTB16PC), but looking at doubling that at a minimum, and hopefully maybe adding more with some animations that are triggered by the people watching.

So "Hello" from Perth :) :)

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Welcome to the clan :D
You will find a lot of us hang out in the chat room, but while LOR users are the minority by far, it's not the gear you use, its what you do with it that counts.
East coast here by the way...

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL gald to see you found us. You may have learnt a lot over at LOR but get ready to learn a whole lot more, there is lot of different options available and we do have a few talented LOR members here as well.

trebs

New elf
Thanks for the comments, looking forward to getting stuck into it again soon...

Can I ask what the main "system" you guys are using?? Maybe I can be converted before spending too much more money on LOR :)

I rushed into it last year, last minute, and LOR just seemed the easiest way at that point. Always looking though :)

Thanks again

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
Welcome Trebs
This group has both dedicated LOR users and innovative DIY lights people as well as many users who use more than 1 system. I'm one of the former - ie dedicated LOR.

I started LOR some 6 years ago with AC boards, but have progressively moved towards DC boards which are great for Australian low voltage LED lights. After the Aussie LOR users migrated to this site when Google groups effectively shut down, I have moved to incorporate a lot of RGB lighting this year, however I am still running from LOR rather than heading to high channel count rgb pixel setups. You should note that both LOR and other vendors (eg Lightshow Pro) are continually developing new software and products. (see my post in LOR - General discussion below http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1057.0.html)
Anyhow - Welcome aboard.
Regards Geoff

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Hello trebs.

I'm a Light-O-Rama user.. I've had my fair share of others giving me pointers on LOR alternatives.

If you're good at soldering or a good learner then these alternatives should be of deal to you, many of the alternatives using DMX. The beauty of the LOR controllers is they can be fed the same DMX signal and they will function.

I've ran 4 CTB16PC (ac) LOR boards and 4 CMB16D-QC (dc) LOR boards for my 2010 display. In 2011 I'll have 2 CTB16PC and 7 CMB16D-QC controllers in use. Why am I lowering how many CTB16PC boards I use? DC plays better with the low voltage LED light strings, and LED's are pretty easy to find and not that expensive.