bg3123

New elf
Hello to all ACL members...Im Wally also from west of Sydney..I've been putting Christmas lights for almost every year for over 10 years until I found out this Aussie site.Friend of mine recommend me to buy the cheapest DMX 512 but looking all your setup most of you are using LOR.

Too late to do all these things now, but Im looking forward to next year christmas possible hollowen(why not)at the moment I just continue all my on and off light,steady and multicontroller until I learn to level up.

Thanks for now Guys...

oldmanfathertime1000

Computers, music, audio, video, electronics
Not the case at all..... the members here are using all the types of controllers & programs that are out there. A lot have started with LOR but have either added the DMX & E1.31 stuff to it. Others have no LOR stuff at all. If you have a question, ask for some one that may have the same stuff you have..& you will get many replies....

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Welcome to ACL. I'll start by saying the next year will be very exciting in this hobby. Start reading as soon as you can and ask a ton of questions before you get started. That will save at least some of your sanity, and a lot of money. There are some very good free sequencing programs out there so you can check them out after you've looked over things and play with them. Have fun and again Welcome.
John

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome38.png

Robert

Apprentice elf
When I look at controllers, I try to get the most bang for my buck. I usually figure out the price per universe. I'm quite fond of the J1Sys controllers. You get a great price per universe, and they are easy to set up. They are also quite feature rich.

Habbosrus

Back again
Gday Wally, welcome to ACL mate. You'll find a great bunch of talented, knowledgeable and friendly people on this site, as I did earlier this year. Have a good look and ask a bunch of questions. The more you ask, the more you learn. I'm really looking forward to my first year of sequenced lighting. Testing so far has been good.