New'ish Toy

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Well the boss is watching Corro Street so what better time to draw up something else to cut on the weekend 630x400mm;

Attachments

• Small candycane.jpg
    Small candycane.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 17

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
I've been looking at sequences on different sites today an saw a nice wreath on youtube, so another one added to the list; 500x650mm 99 pixels.

33 on the wreath and 66 on the bow.

Wreath - bow.JPG Capture.JPG

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
A little bit to change on the mounting but I think these will go well between the arches out front. I think I need to cut the cord of the machine soon though!

Sphere 600mm x 98pxls.GIF

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Here is a couple of shots of some of the finished work, not everything in the plan made it but happy with what we got done. It's 9:20 pm here and still light so the colours don't show very well

.20191227_204915_resized_1.jpg20191227_205024_resized.jpg20191227_205157_resized.jpg20191227_203854_resized_1.jpg20191227_204915_resized_1.jpg20191227_205024_resized.jpg20191227_205157_resized.jpg

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Awesome Kev, looks great!! I got all my corflute from PSP in Mt Wellington, have you tried Cambrian Plastics?
Thanks, it was a big learning curve to get sorted with the CNC but overall happy now. I have been getting mine from PSP in Christchurch which is handy for me. I will be cutting more in the New Year, I have a 900mm 125pxl star to do in the next week or so.

scamper

Dedicated elf
I love all these that you have done and the way they turned out.
Any chance you can do a "behind the scenes" showing off your machine and maybe where you got it from?

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
I love all these that you have done and the way they turned out.
Any chance you can do a "behind the scenes" showing off your machine and maybe where you got it from?
No worries, I'll get the garage cleaned up and do something in the New Year detailing the workflow.

I'm still definitely a novice but I am getting more confident. I am using an out of the box CNC from Vertigo Technologies in NZ it's a hobby size machine and using Vectric Desktop Pro software which is not cheap but works well for me. I was able to draw up some base plates for 120w HP power supplies and make up new controller boxes very easily, I did get a quote to have the laser cut in acrylic as I was pushed for time but the price put me off ($140 NZ).

I will be doing some more neat stuff in the new year planning to vcarve some coro presents that were posted here previously, they were lased though from memory.

scamper

Dedicated elf
No worries, I'll get the garage cleaned up and do something in the New Year detailing the workflow.

I'm still definitely a novice but I am getting more confident.
That is often a good thing as you can tell it from a layman's point of view.
It is sometimes very difficult following advice from someone that assumes you know what they are talking about :oops:
I will wait with bated breath...