No Comment

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Re: Corostar attempt

Alec listen to Leeanne, she is very wise. It is very hard to judge it without being completed as its the light that creates the effect within the coro. Im sure when you get it finished you will rate it much higher.
But what you have completed looks like it will work great and you will be more than happy with the final result

Steve22537

Full time elf

Alec, so far it looks good. Do what I do, make 100 of something then decide you don't like them. What have you done foe the base ?

Steve22537

Full time elf

Have you used a moisture proof MDF, if not I would recommend it. Your local cabinet maker will have some offcuts they'll give you, its suitable for kitchens and bathrooms, has a green tinge.

mschell

Full time elf

Are you using the wooden/MDF base as weight to hold it down?

Any thots on using coroplast for the base instead? Or at least using it for the bottom, to attach the LEDs to, and then attaching all of that to the MDF.

I haven't read the original instructions to see how David M did his or what he uses to hold it down on the ground.

It looks pretty good from here. As other have mentioned, final evaluation is probably better after the lights are added.

mschell

Full time elf

chilloutdocdoc said:
Alec, looks good, might i ask why you used picture hangers instead of something else to attach the coro to the MDF?

My guess on that is so it can be tied down to the ground with a stake or something similar...

kel

Dedicated elf

Looks fab, alec ... but perhaps the lights need to be diffused a tad more ... ask dm ...

PS We do not have a clapping icon or I would have used it ...

I found this instead
5.gif

alternatively, read as
6.gif

:D

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

So Alec whats your thoughts now with the completed star, are you more happy with the end result.