Answered NO output to lights

burto51

Full time elf
Generous elf
Good afternoon, have an apparent no output to lights, have tried a number of fixes but no success.
Setup is, Falcon 16V outputs wired ground and data only with separate power supply. Have tried a number of models but none work, so will refer to one only a coro star with 96 pixels.
Test sequence of Red, Green Blue and Butterfly pattern, rendered sequence, light bulb on, select play no light on the star.
Reloaded Outputs/inputs to controller no error messages so good?
Saved settings on controller.
Retried to play test sequence no go
Reconfigured output lead from controller port, now set up as 12v, Gnd and data still no lights.
Checked output packets showing 5000 odd.
Hm Ethernet cable ?? fitted replacement cable still no lights
Selected Test mode on controller (colour wash) yes have colour wash on star.
Selected run mode, played test sequence bugger no lights
Had pixel buffer in circuit, removed still no go

Just about run out of ideas so any suggestions welcome
Burto

burto51

Full time elf
Generous elf
Still playing have noticed that on the controller's status page the packet count is incrementing slowly, one change in the count every 2 seconds approx.; question how fast should the packet count advance.
Thanks
Burto

franky_888

Full time elf
Are you using a Pi or something in between your show computer and the F16, or are you connecting your F16 straight to the show computer?

burto51

Full time elf
Generous elf
The F16 is connected direct to the computer via ethernet cable (have tried 2 cables)
Burto

burto51

Full time elf
Generous elf
Good morning,
Well thought I had it beat , yesterday connected 40 pixel star direct to the controller via port 1 with 12v Gnd and Data, used test sequence all good lights worked.

This morning revisited, this time put in a buffer between controller and star, lights on all good, changed port 1 to data and gnd only put in tee piece with external power supply sequence played all good at the end of the sequence lights off.

Went to display connected to 2 90 pixel coro stars, port 1 configured gnd and data, external power supply 12 volt wired into tee piece before model, buffer between controller port 1 and cat 6 cable (data/gnd), did all the usual things, rendered, light on, play ? no lights.
Checked voltage at voltage connections 12 volts OK.
Selected test mode on controller no lights, removed buffer, now have lights.
Back to sequence play lights on colours not exactly as with previous small star.
THis really threw me, sequence came to the end but the lights kept on, closed down xlights , lights still on; turned computer off; lights still on, turned controller off yes lights went off.
By the way the lights on the second star never went on at any time.
I am at my wits end;
Burto