non-musical sequence misbehaving, speed issues, stuttering

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Forgot to add that this system was clean installed in the spring or summer just for Christmas light usage, so I didn't load heavy duty antivirus... Just using Microsoft security essentials...

Louie

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I think itr has nothing tio do with the fact you are using animations, I use an animation sequence ON Sydneys Martin Place Chrisdtmas tree and have witnessed no issues but then that is a 1/3 of your channel count.
The time it comes up in the scheduler is caused by a long time bug that is in the sequencer, it still is in fact a 2 minute sequence but it does show as 4 minutes, this will not cause you any issues as its to do with a scaling factor in the LSP sequencer and cant be fixed until the new rewrite.

But one thing i do know is the number of timing marks has a lot to do with the way that LSP can perform so dont have plenty of wasted timing marks just bloating a sequence especially when you get to large channel display as the amount of data is then magnified.

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Hey everybody,

I have been battling other issues with the display and forgot to post back in here. Thanks to the suggestion from Eddy, I have smoothly displayed whole display macros running! Changing the frames per second down to 10 was enough to get it smooth. I didn't try 12, tried 8 & 10 and 10 worked, so yippee! I think I will try 15 when doing the macro just on one element, but for my 30,000 channel macros, I'm sticking with 10. Thanks again everybody!

Louie