NOOB having Issues

RevRob

New elf
Ok I am having trouble getting all my pixels to work at the same time. I purchased a pixlite16 and 2 350w power supplies. I am using 12v ws2811 pixel strips mounted to pve to outline my house, I completed installing the first section today and went to test them all at once. I have 221 pixels in the first section they are all wired to output one on the pixlite 16 I have also injected power along the way.I know that each output can handle 340 pixels so no problem there. I also tested each individual stip after mounting them to the pvc. I am using the xlights program to test the light. The first problem is I can not get all the lights to come on at once in xlights. if i click on universe 1 all thoes lights come on the same for universe 2 by itself but if i choose both universes they all go out. The second problem in i added 2 dmx universes in s3 to a sequence to test the lights that way and only universe one will light up. I am new to this and not sure what I could be doing wrong, I have a feeling I may not have the pixlite channel config set up correctly either but not sure how to set up outputs that are not being used.
[/size]
[/size]Thank you for any help in advance. This is my first year to dive into rgb
[/size]
[/size]Robin

AussieDoug

Full time elf
You can turn the PixLite on a test pattern itself without having to use any software. Just have the network cable plugged in, turn on the PixLite, when you have a solid green light on the power and the red status is flashing. Press and hold the factory IP button for 3 seconds. This will put all the outputs on a red, green, blue & white cycle. Just press once and you can choose a colour manually or press for 3 seconds to turn off.

RevRob

New elf
Thank you Doug I did not know I could do that I will be sure and try that tomorrow after work.

RevRob

New elf
Does anyone have an idea as to why lor s3 will not turn on all the lights just the ones in universe 1 ?

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
It has to be in your LOR setup if the tests on the controller turn all of them on. Double check your setup and make sure you have your universes set up right, and check to see that your com listener is seeing all of your universes.
John
After reading your other post about the pixelite, you need to make doubly sure it is set up and all of the tests built on the board work before going forward. You can check the com listener of LOR by clicking on the black box in your window toolbar, it should come up as a black window with white letters. It will tell you the ip addresses it sees and what universes it sees.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Check your LOR network setup as well. You have to set the network (eg dmx/1.31) for each universe. The network setup is a separate program to S3. You find it in the LOR group under the start menu. That was something that had me stumped for a while anyway.