Not expected but nice to get

coobyking

New elf
went to check mailbox yesterday morning and found a note saying how much they enjoyed lights. In 5 years of lights never got one before so kinda makes me happy that people like them

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Always rewarding to be recognised for the work you put in and to know you have brought some joy to people you don't even know.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Well done. I can't wait until I get my first letter. Only 3 years to go it seems.

B_P_J

Full time elf
1st Year with Pixels and so far I have gotten one letter in the letterbox, one thank you via facebook and a whole group of Teenagers doing a group shot with my lights, lol, sure does make you feel great knowing people are smiling, I just love seeing them sit and watch, my show goes for around 15 minutes now, but just repeats, I have seen a few people stay for at least 2 cycles of the show,
People are seriously amazed and have some really crazy ideas on how its synced, I had one girl tonight saying she thought the lights were connected to a sub and went with the beat, lol, now that one is for the classic book, lol

MarcD

Full time elf
Last night, this young boy (10 ish) came up to me and asked if I was the owner of the house. I said yes and he handed me a card addressed to "the people with the awesome house". Inside was a message thanking us for our display. It was accompanied by a packet of (delicious) home made shortbread. Funny thing was, I don't remember them having been on previous nights. The mum expressed her appreciation. We've also had a few messages of support on our Facebook page.

What these people weren't aware of was that while I was outside greeting people, my wife was inside in tears for the third night in a row as she argued with our middle son and his wife. We've been trying to negotiate times for lunch on Christmas day and despite the other two being willing to negotiate, the middle one simply refuses to give us an extra 30 minutes. Accusations of favouritism etc got thrown around in an often heated online discussion. In the end, we cancelled the whole thing.

My wife and I will be spending Christmas day alone, having a picnic at the local park so we don't have to be at home. Essentially, we'll be spending Christmas day hiding from our kids to avoid further conflict. I guess that's why I like spending time with visitors to our display. They don't judge us and just appreciate the effort we go to to provide entertainment for them and their kids at Christmas.

Apologies for the rant.

diyer

Full time elf
It certainty does make it all worthwhile when you get cards in in your letterbox from thoughtful neighbours from ten houses away (that you have never met) thanking you for the effort made, and a lady that delivered two little hand knitted woollen Christmas trees with Fertero rocher's inside.

Merry Christmas to all!