not your standard mega tree

Timon

Apprentice elf
Just found it today as well. I like what I was watching.

Also noticed the mini-trees. The mini-trees can be done with Rays pixel strings pushed into an aluminum tree. I thought about using coro but I think it's too thick for the pixel to lock it.

The megs-tree is another matter as it's much harder to make.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
thats too many pixels for me to do,
plus how would a normal person put it up,
I could think of other use's a big pixel screen like that could be used for...

magii

Apprentice elf
This is local to us, it's been around for 6-8 years. The homeowner works for a company that does large digital sign displays. This started as a promotional thing for them. It really isn't that impressive in person, just the same pre-programed effects running over and over.

Bird

LOR user
Yep .. saw that one about 2 years ago .. although impressive then and still nice looking today.. not so impressive these days with the pixel ability that non-business folks are doing in their yards

Trafficman

Teach Me!!!
Thanks for the update. Was reviewing old post and saw it. It did have the wow factor for me on the video. Like you said in person it did not have it.

Jeff

CDN_Diesel

New elf
does have a WOW factor, but the sequencing could use refinement. It has no flow to the songs. It seems like it is just effects randomly placed.

Trafficman

Teach Me!!!
I am thinking fence wire and a bunch of zip ties. Roll it up at the end of the year and store for next year.. Thoughts like this get me in trouble. LOL