Null Pixel group buy in the US.

Discussion in 'Bulk Buy - Interest Posts' started by gnarmstr, Jul 7, 2017.

1. gnarmstr

gnarmstr Full Time Elf

There will be another group buy happening on the US forum for these null pixels.

These null pixels are great as they don't use any channels and therefor you don't have to worry about configuring them in your controller or sequence. Just solder them in every 4 or 5 m and they fit nicely inside 12mm heat shrink. I use the dial wall stuff and just add some silicon in before applying heat.

It's the ines I showed at the Brisbane mini.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/fo...r-line-driver-null-pixel-without-pixel/page27

2. multicast

multicast Senior Elf Generous Elf

I made something very similar to this, about 5 years ago, but have subsequentlly changed my methodologies. IS this somethign that folks woudl still use.

3. andrewa

andrewa Full Time Elf

Find Me On:
    I use these ray wu null pixles in about 4 spots in my display. I love the idea of replacing the null pixles and not having to allow for them in my sequencing/configuration

4. OP
    OP
    gnarmstr

gnarmstr Full Time Elf

Yes it makes life a lot easier. Especially when you find later that you did a cable a bit too long between pixels, just add one of these and not have to worry about controller or sequence changes.

The heat shrink in the picture is 13mm, so they are very small, I use a longer piece over the null pixel and add silicon to each end before shrinking it. Had no issues last xmas and they were all out in the rain/storm.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  5. ComPeter

ComPeter New Elf