null pixels in the middle of a string

Eizziljam

I’m Christmas crazy!
Hi All, in putting together some props I've needed to "skip" a pixel or two in the middle of the string. Is there a way in xlights or on the falcon to tell the controller to ignore those pixels?

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I've done this in the model data in xlights. If I needed to skip pixels 6 & 7 the model should look like: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, etc
The falcon boards can also have null pixels assigned but I've not personally used it, i'm sure there is a video on this however.

Eizziljam

I’m Christmas crazy!
I've done this in the model data in xlights. If I needed to skip pixels 6 & 7 the model should look like: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, etc
The falcon boards can also have null pixels assigned but I've not personally used it, i'm sure there is a video on this however.
Thank you!!!! I knew there must be a way!

Eizziljam

I’m Christmas crazy!
Do you know how to do this if the pixels are at the end of a string? Say I've got a model that uses 48 nodes and i want to ignore 49 and 50 and it's then daisy chained to another model?

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Like I mentioned previously I do it all on the controller with virtual strings. If you add nulls on the model I would assume this would work but I have never used the function. As far as I can tell this goes back to the original question. The answer would be the same. I might be reading this the wrong way. Easy to test