Nutckaker for LOR

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Hi Sean.
Can I use Nutcraker in lor, Would like to make a mega tree but only 2.5meters tall, so not so mega. i have a wooden electrical pole that power lines run to from the main power pole. The power then runs down the pole and under ground to my house. I was thinking of say 10 strings of smart rgb & only surround 3/4 of the pole. What do I need to do/get to make this happen? I have LOR3 advanced and am yet to get the controller for this.

Cheers
John

smeighan

Dedicated elf
bbayjohn said:
Hi Sean.
Can I use Nutcraker in lor, Would like to make a mega tree but only 2.5meters tall, so not so mega. i have a wooden electrical pole that power lines run to from the main power pole. The power then runs down the pole and under ground to my house. I was thinking of say 10 strings of smart rgb & only surround 3/4 of the pole. What do I need to do/get to make this happen? I have LOR3 advanced and am yet to get the controller for this.

Cheers
John

the lms file the nutcracker makes works in both S2 and S3. I do my testing with LOR v 3.4.0.

10 strings of how many pixels? Iassume you have CCR's which are 50 rgb pixels.

the advantage of Nutcracker is you can make many target models and then try effects on them to see how they will look.

if you had 10 strings of 50 pixels. Try these targets

Strings? 10
Pixels? 50
How Many strands will each string have? 1

Note, you do not spec how much of the tree you will actually see. If you wanted a half megatree then

Strings? 20 <= Note you enter the number of strings that are needed for a complete 360 tree, even though you only physically have 10. Later when making the effects you will set the window to 180 and Nutcracker will poutput sequences for just the first 10 strings.
Pixels? 50
How many strands will each string have? 1

This will give you the tallest tree. Megatrees look best with a denser strands. So to build the first model with each string folded in half:

Strings? 10
Pixels? 50
How Many strands will each string have? 2

This traget tree now has twice the strands but it is half as tall.

Create multiple targets and then try your effects. It can help you decide

I think i am going to 12x100 strings folded in half to give me 24 strands of 50 rgb pixels. I am then going to use them on a half megatree putting the strands closer.

thanks

bbayjohn

Senior elf
No. Thank you Sean. Your work is amazing. As will your 12x100 strings folded in half for 24 strands of 50 rgb pixels be.

As for the type of rgb's I'm not sure if I will use, $$$ will be the govening factor.
Whether it will be 50 x IP68 Resin Filled 2811 5VDC pixel string
or strips. 12 VDC 2811 10 sections per metre 30LEDs/m silicone tube
After our Sydney mini event I guess I will have more of an idea on which controller & rgb pixels to use.
LORs Ccr's are too expensive for a project like this. I'm also still unsure on the controler that would be best suited to this type of application.
As for what I would like to achieve, that would be
Christmas Cannon - Children's Choir - SuperStarLights, Allen, TX on Vimeo
and I do like the space invaders effect found in
Wizards in Winter - 12 CCRs and a Star - Allen, TX on Vimeo
I now have images of old type video games like frogger and pacman and wonder how effective that would look.
There was also a video clip with an electric guitar and the strings of the guitar would move like it was being played but I cant find that one.

Thanks again
John