Nutcracker 3.0.9 released. Animated gif's are back!

smeighan

Dedicated elf
I asked David Pitts if he could look into animated gifs. The same night i asked him for help, he finished the effect.

Dave has added animated gifs into the Picture effect. The picture effect has static jpg,png,gif images. Now it will support animated gifs.

great job David!

Using these animated gif
usaflag.gif

bells2_e0.gif

made these images in Nutcracker. Note: I added a slider bar to change the animation speed. This slider only effects the animated gif. The noraml speed , vertical slider, effects how fast the image moves left,right,up or down.

animated_gifs.gif

animated gifs were a gap in Nutcracker 3 vs Nutcracker 2. Dave has closed this gap.
thanks
sean

ChrisB

New elf
Sean, that is awesome. Now may i ask where do you get aniamted gifs from? Would you mind sharing your library with me? Thanks Chris

ChrisB

New elf
So i found a few during a google search. Problem is i can't resize the image to fit correctly in my mega tree. Plus as the tree rotates I dont see the animation happening. Is this more for a matrix? Thanks Chris

smeighan

Dedicated elf
ChrisB said:
So i found a few during a google search. Problem is i can't resize the image to fit correctly in my mega tree. Plus as the tree rotates I dont see the animation happening. Is this more for a matrix? Thanks Chris

i use [SIZE=78%]http://ezgif.com[/SIZE] to resize my animted gifs. It is a free online tool.

thanks