Nutcracker: code release for LSP and Projects

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Code changes to nutcracker/projects
gen_lsp.php
project_filer.php

Code is released to meighan.net and checked in to github.

With this release LSP UserPatterns.xml files will be broken into chunks so that we no longer have files that are 1.6gbytes in size.

Here is Kurt's explanation of the code change

"I am working on something that breaks out the UserPattern.xml file into chunks (1 minute chunks to be precise). I am running into challenges due to phrasing and the like. For example, if you have an effect that is running over a minute, do I a) cut the effect into a 1 minute effect and run whatever is left over in the second UserPattern? or b) have the effect run for as long as it is and just deal with potential that UserPattern could get really big or c) get rid of merged effects if they are adjacent.

Here is what I am leaning towards: Have the system create the master Nutcracker file as it does right now (this will merge effects, etc and create one big file that has all effects and spaces). From this file, I will go and chunk it by 1 minute intervals (via looking at the frame rate and figuring out how many frames are used per minute) and just chunking from the master nutcracker file. This means I have can have effects cut in the middle of their effect and it continue on the next userpattern.xml file.

Here is an ASCII rep of what I am thinking of:

Incoming phrases:

Phrase 1 Effect 1 (30 secs)
Phrase 2 Effect 2 (35 secs)
Phrase 3 Effect 2 (25 secs)
Phrase 4 Effect 3 (25 secs)
Phrase 5 Effect 4 (40 secs)
Phrase 6 No Effect (30 secs)
Phrase 7 Effect 5 (20 secs)

Master NC file:

Phrase 2 Effect 2 (60 secs)
Phrase 4 Effect 3 (25 secs)
Phrase 5 Effect 4 (40 secs)
Phrase 6 No Effect (30 secs)
Phrase 7 Effect 5 (20 secs)

Result files:
UserPattern1
Phrase 2 Effect 2 (first 30 secs)

UserPattern2
Phrase2 Effect 2 (last 30 secs)
Phrase4 Effect 3 (25 secs)
Phrase5 Effect 4 (first 5 secs)

UserPattern3
Phrase 5 Effect 4 (last 35 secs)
Phrase 6 No Effect (first 25 secs)

UserPattern4
Phrase 6 No Effect (last 5 secs)
Phrase 7 Effect 5 (20 secs)"

LSP users, this only happens if you are using Projects to generate your LSP output.

thanks

Kurt, Sean

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I dont know what it means but currently my 5 minute sequence with nutcracker for my mega tree has 3.8 million commands and LSP isnt liking that too much.