Dedicated elf
I have added a channel preview to the make_lor.php and make_vixen.php programs
I did this to help debug effects.
So , dont be surprised when you see it.
Here is an effect for butterfly
AA+FLY_0_0.gif

and here is what it looks like in the nutcracker channel preview
make_vixen_fly.png
The reason i did this is a user reported that scrolling text looks weird in LOR.this effect
AA+TEXT1.gif
looks like this
make_lor_text.png

What the heck?

I apparently filtered the trxt when making the gif but dont filter it when creating the animation file. Anyways, this is the reason for this new ability. To check the quality of the animation sequences.thanks

smeighan

Dedicated elf
New release , changed channel preview so that it shows all channels of your string.

pk said:
PM sent with the model effect info.

For those following this thread:
My model is two 128 node strings each folded 8 times making 16 strands of 16 pixels.

The effect is garlands/circle

I released a new version make_vixen and make_lor that has a channel preview that shows all channels. My logic before was to only show channels if i ever created a pixel. Now, i show all pixels and all strings.

What this preview shows is that i am stopping generating a sequence when i come to the bottom of a strand.

In your case gary, 2 strings, each 128 pixels folded 8 times. This means first strand is 1-16 (16 being top of tree), next strand 17-32 (17 being top of tree).
Notice on the first strand i am missing pixels 1,2,3 (Strand 1, bottom of strand). On the second strand i am missing pixels 31,32 (Strand 2, bottom of strand).

So what this shows me is i am not finishing sequencing the botoom pixels on a strand. This is a bug and i will fix it.

Here is what the channel preview shows of your model

make_vixen_fly_apr16.png

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Ok, i found the bug that was causing some pixels not to be sequenced. I have released a new version. The bug was actually in the target generator.

You should now see all the pixels are being sequenced.

Note: You MUST go back and resubmit each of your targets so that they get a clean rewrite of the target.dat file. You only have to do this once.

make_vixen_fly_apr16b.png