Nutcracker: Help understanding the asq/msq file for LSP

kane

Dedicated elf
Hi Sean,

Yes, I've been able to successfully grab the values from the .hlsnc file, and apply it to a certain controller, at a certain point in the timeline. It assumes that the LSP .msq file has intervals for every 50ms (or whatever you've set your nutcracker data to be).

In the current format, it's no use to anyone (except LSP beta testers), as it uses the 2.5 file format.. It was never designed as an end user app, so to get it to the point that others could use, we'd have to find someone with .net experience that is interested in spending time on it - I could give a bit of assistance, but I just don't have the bandwidth to spend time on it.

If any of you are .net developers and use LSP, let us know, and I can look to put something together!

mschell

Full time elf
Here's another thot.

LSP has a "pattern" repository that allows folks to store frequently used patterns in a library. I believe this is stored outside the sequences, but in an XML or similar file that resides in the binary directory.

So how about coming up with a way to modify the pattern library to add Nutcracker effects.

It's still somewhat channel specific, but then just about any of the patterns would be as well.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
mschell said:
Here's another thot.

LSP has a "pattern" repository that allows folks to store frequently used patterns in a library. I believe this is stored outside the sequences, but in an XML or similar file that resides in the binary directory.

So how about coming up with a way to modify the pattern library to add Nutcracker effects.

It's still somewhat channel specific, but then just about any of the patterns would be as well.

I see the patterns are stored in the file UserPatterns.xml. This file is much simpler, i will pursue this and see what i come up with,

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
That sounds like a great plan. I am still able to import a LMS and use as the new sequence it imports into but cant copy it into another sequence or save it as a pattern without problems.
I'm m trying this in v2.5 and I don't believe it has anything to do with copy/paste capabilities of LSP as I am able to do it with LSP generated sequences.

Good Luck

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Kane said:
Hi Sean,

Yes, I've been able to successfully grab the values from the .hlsnc file, and apply it to a certain controller, at a certain point in the timeline. It assumes that the LSP .msq file has intervals for every 50ms (or whatever you've set your nutcracker data to be).

In the current format, it's no use to anyone (except LSP beta testers), as it uses the 2.5 file format.. It was never designed as an end user app, so to get it to the point that others could use, we'd have to find someone with .net experience that is interested in spending time on it - I could give a bit of assistance, but I just don't have the bandwidth to spend time on it.

If any of you are .net developers and use LSP, let us know, and I can look to put something together!

Hi Kane;

i now have dave pitts helping in Nutcracker 3. He is a .net programmer and wants to get msq files into Nutcracker 3.

He is also on this forum.

can you send him any info you have from this thread of 10 months ago.

We had 2 choices for Nutcracker 2.0
1) Create a msq file. I never achieved this
2) Create UserPatterns.xml to allow cutting and pasting. Nutcracker 2.0 has this.

For Nutcracker 3 i would like to see both options available.

Dave is a LSP user so that will help.

thanks!

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
smeighan said:
Kane said:
Hi Sean,

Hi Kane;

i now have dave pitts helping in Nutcracker 3. He is a .net programmer and wants to get msq files into Nutcracker 3.

2) Create UserPatterns.xml to allow cutting and pasting. Nutcracker 2.0 has this.

thanks!
I'm really happy to see that this is still being worked on. I am still using the web based nutcracker for LSP and dread the day it gets shut down

smeighan

Dedicated elf
ѕυρєямαη said:
smeighan said:
Kane said:
Hi Sean,

Hi Kane;

thanks!
I'm really happy to see that this is still being worked on. I am still using the web based nutcracker for LSP and dread the day it gets shut down

I have no plans to ever shut down the web page.

Further, i am just now working on duplicating the UserPatterns.xml file in Nutcracker 3 so LSP users again can get effects out.

thanks