Nutcracker: Horizontal Matrix Target. Who needs it?

smeighan

Dedicated elf
I have a prototyped a solution for having a horizontal target on Nutcracker.

Before, I implement this I need to know how you have built your horizontal targets.

If you need a horizontal matrix in Nutcracker, please reply to this post and answer the following questions

How many strings and pixels?
Example 16x50

Where is string1, pixel 1 located?
Example bottom left, top left, bottom right, top right

Do you fold your strings into multiple rows?
Example: yes, 2 folds per string.

If the folds dont produce an even division, what do you do with the extra pixels?
Example: 8x50 folded 3 times would make each string into 3 rows (48 pixels) with 2 left over.
Answers: could be, i cutoff the extra pixels, i continue wrapping them causing pixel 1 of the next string to start to move along the target.

with these questions, i think i can get some of you a horizontal matrix target this week.

thanks

Streetrodder

New elf
I have a half Mega Tree which starts at the bottom Left for String 1, Pixel 1. There are 50 lights up and then 50 back down and it attaches to the right of the start of that string (looking at the front of the tree). My next string will be to the right of that one, and so on. My last Pixel of my 9th string is at the bottom right, (so if I walked around and counted there are 18 strands total that you would see on the tree).

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
6 horizontal rows, 167 pixels each, starting on the right and going left. No looping, nothing, just pixel 1 through 167 on each universe, row 1 at the top, row 6 at the bottom.