Nutcracker: IMPORTANT

smeighan

Dedicated elf
I have made a major release of Nutcracker software.

This release breaks all of your logins.

New features
1) Nutcracker is now architected for batch processing (Single button project builds here we come!)
2) Changed the password hashing from 32 bytes to 60 bytes. This change will require you to reenter your password again (more below)
3) New columns added to some tables to enable single strand effects
4) Some fixes for local installs.
5) New password change form

So first, i have reset all of your passwords to "welcome".
The first thing you need to do is change your password

When you come to the login screen, you will see a new option for changing passwords

2012-09-12_1819.png

Now we come to the password change screen

2012-09-12_1820.png

1) Enter your current login
2) Enter the temp password "welcome"
3) Enter what you want your password to be, this can be the same as it was before
4) Enter what you want your password to be a second time

Submit and then click and go back to the login form.

Please Note!!

I am not done converting the effects to the new format.

Here is what you can continue to develop with. BLUE = GOOD TO GO

bars, butterfly, fire,garlands, spirals
color_wash, gif, life,

These are not ready to test so please do NOT post any messages about them. As the days go forward this pile will move up to the pile that us ready for test.

RED = SEAN IS FALLING BEHIND
chase, layer,meteors, pictures, single_strand,snowflakes,snowstorm,text,user_defined

Please be understanding of any issues this week as this is a massive change.

I expect all effects will be finished and moved from the RED pile into the BLUE pile by this friday.

I will be having a Nutcracker Tutorial Tomorrow night, Thrus Sept 12, 7pm MST (Denver Time).
we can discuss all of the changes that this encompassed then.

thanks for your patience

sean

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Once again Sean Thanks for your continued development in this great app it is appreciated and I look forward moving into my sequencing phase shortly once i finish building all my new elements.

Shame your having the tutorials on the Thursday Nights, pretty much eliminates most Aussies due to work commitments.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Once again Sean Thanks for your continued development in this great app it is appreciated and I look forward moving into my sequencing phase shortly once i finish building all my new elements.

Shame your having the tutorials on the Thursday Nights, pretty much eliminates most Aussies due to work commitments.

How about Tue, Sep 18th 5am MST (9pm Sydney) for another nutcracker tutorial?

i am fine with getting up early.

thanks

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
smeighan said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

thanks

If your willing to do that then we should promote it for us Aussies so it will be worth your time, would hate to see you get up early for just a small handful of people.

So I may create an attendance thread to try and generate a decent attendance so its worth your time.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
smeighan said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

thanks

If your willing to do that then we should promote it for us Aussies so it will be worth your time, would hate to see you get up early for just a small handful of people.

So I may create an attendance thread to try and generate a decent attendance so its worth your time.

Coll FastEddie

We should be talking about single button batch creation of Projects and i want to have chases ready to discuss for single strand effecs

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
smeighan said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

thanks

please put your interest to attend in this thread