Nutcracker: LOR file now ready to test

smeighan

Dedicated elf
I have finished code to create a LOR S2 file.

Pick any effect and then choose LOR S2.

Then right click on lms file name and then load up.

The file loads with no errors, but i think it is skipping every third channel.

Maybe someone can look over the file and see what i might have done wrong?

These files, BTW, are almost 20mbytes each.

thanks

smeighan

Dedicated elf
AussiePhil said:
Sean

did you see my note in another thread about creating LOR clipboard files?

Phil

yes, I did. I only read my email tonight, thus maybe the clipboard file would be better than a full lms. Oh well, I learned something of creating xml.

I will look at the clipboard stuff later tonight or tomorrow. It looks like it would be simpler?

thanks

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
It looked to be simple enough and like my suggestion for Vixen then allows the user to paste into sequences were and when they want the effect, making it user friendly.

Cheers
Phil
PS.... Thinking about creating you a dedicating board for this software

smeighan

Dedicated elf
AussiePhil said:
It looked to be simple enough and like my suggestion for Vixen then allows the user to paste into sequences were and when they want the effect, making it user friendly.

Cheers
Phil
PS.... Thinking about creating you a dedicating board for this software

A separate board might be good. I feel guilty taking up multiple threads here.

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Sean,

No need to feel guilty, but it would now make sense, I know you post this everywhere but happy to give you at least a ACL Home for all the work your doing. :)

Phil

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Phil;

There is now another file to select for lor, Lor Clip board (*.lcb).

I dont know how to test it so please give it a try and post results back.

thanks

smeighan

Dedicated elf
ItsMeBob highlighted several errors in my lms file. I have corrected all of them. We are now ready for a second pass check.
[/size]
[/size]thanks
[/size]sean[/size]

ItsMeBob wrote:

There are several things wrong with the output LMS.
[/size]The circuit numbers are not starting with 1.. its every third instead. <channel name="R1-P3-R" color="16711680" centiseconds="10000" deviceType="LOR" unit="1" circuit="3" savedIndex="0"><channel name="R1-P3-G" color="65280" centiseconds="10000" deviceType="LOR" unit="1" circuit="3" savedIndex="1"><channel name="R1-P3-B" color="255" centiseconds="10000" deviceType="LOR" unit="1" circuit="3" savedIndex="2">I have fixed thisThe tracks for RGB groups should name the group index, not the individual R or G or B indexThis is not right<tracks><track totalCentiseconds="10000" timingGrid="0"><channels><channel savedIndex="0"/><channel savedIndex="1"/><channel savedIndex="2"/>...</channels><loopLevels/></track></tracks>When you define the RGBs as you did this way.. <rgbChannel totalCentiseconds="10000" name="R1-P3" savedIndex="1582"><channels><channel savedIndex="0"/><channel savedIndex="1"/><channel savedIndex="2"/></channels></rgbChannel><rgbChannel totalCentiseconds="10000" name="R1-P4" savedIndex="1583"><channels><channel savedIndex="3"/><channel savedIndex="4"/><channel savedIndex="5"/></channels></rgbChannel><rgbChannel totalCentiseconds="10000" name="R1-P5" savedIndex="1584"><channels><channel savedIndex="6"/><channel savedIndex="7"/><channel savedIndex="8"/></channels></rgbChannel>Specify the rgbChannels index instead in the track. <tracks><track totalCentiseconds="10000" timingGrid="0"><channels><channel savedIndex="1582"/><channel savedIndex="1583"/><channel savedIndex="1584"/>...</channels><loopLevels/></track></tracks>I have fixed thisThere is a superfluousness unnamed RGB set<rgbChannel totalCentiseconds="10000" name="" savedIndex="1581"><channels><channel savedIndex="0"/><channel savedIndex="0"/><channel savedIndex="0"/></channels></rgbChannel>i have not fixed this yetThe defined grid is a one tenth of a sec.. <timingGrids><timingGrid saveID="0" name="Fixed Grid: 0.10" type="fixed" spacing="10"/></timingGrids>but your effects are half of that. 0.05 <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="0" endCentisecond="5" intensity="0" /><effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="5" endCentisecond="10" intensity="0" /><effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="10" endCentisecond="15" intensity="0" /><effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="15" endCentisecond="20" intensity="0" /><effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="20" endCentisecond="25" intensity="0" /><effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="25" endCentisecond="30" intensity="0" />i have fixed thisThe file is HUGE because each 5 centisecond is output. The above could be aggregated into a larger time slice like this. <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="0" endCentisecond="30" intensity="0" />Each effect translates into a network command so they should not be output unless it changes. Unneeded Network overload possible.I have fixed this
Really you dont need the OFF intensity="0" at all. Here is an example from a sequence showing the file has just has the on intensity="100". Each effect already has the duration specified by endCentisecond so you dont need the off. <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="16" endCentisecond="86" intensity="100"/><effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="109" endCentisecond="158" intensity="100"/><effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="197" endCentisecond="224" intensity="100"/><effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="1650" endCentisecond="3095" intensity="100"/>I have fixed this

Did I do intensity correct?

I took the r,g,b values and calculated intensity as

r_intensity = (r/255) *100;
g_intensity = (g/255) *100;
b_intensity = (b/255) *100;

smeighan

Dedicated elf
I have fixed a number of bugs that were in my lms file produced by the Nutcracker.

I did a 10 second, butterfly animation and it loads with no errors now.
Here is what it looks like inside Nutcracker
ZZ_ZZ+FLY_0_0_TEST.gif

Here is that animation in the LOR screen.

Maybe someone could try this lms file in LSP?

http://meighan.net/nutcracker/sequences/ZZ_ZZ+FLY_0_0.lms

FLY_0_0_lor.png

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Sean, i gave this file a go and imported the LMS file into LSP V2, the file loaded without any errors.. The issue is that the controllers and channels imported as individual channels and not as RGB channels as one would expect and as you would have normally set up with RGB lighting so this may be something that needs looking into. Another issue is that the controllers missed the first 3 channels so the channel start is channel 4. One other note and this may be delibrate to save time for this example is that each controllers channel number are exactly the same. The controllers are based on LOR controllers which have controller numbers as where E1.31 and DMX use channel numbers and universes to map out the controllers not a biggie as this can be set up later manually by the user to his channel range, the issue is these are set in LSP as a light controller and not an RGB controller and if changing the controller back to an RGB controller turns all the sequenced channels white thus making the imported effect all white.
Anyway great work Sean its really coming along and growing into one awsome program. Thanks for the effort.

Attachments

• LSP.JPG
    LSP.JPG
    260.2 KB · Views: 20

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Here is a performance comparison

When i loaded the 20 mbyte file in LOR it took 8 seconds
When i load the same file into LSP it took 37 seconds (16 secs to load, 20 secs to optimize)

I have an HP desktop computer
Windows Experience Index of rating of 5.9 (right click computer, properties to see your number)
Processor: Intel i7 4 core, 8 threads at 2.67hz
Windows 7, 64 bit
Memory: 12gigs

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
But when you load this file into LSP it is doing the conversion from LOR to LSP format, LOR only imports LMS files it doesnt actually run LMS files natively.

But even the conversion process took well under 20 seconds and when converted to a MSQ file it takes much less than 10 seconds to load. Im using an I7 3.4ghz 16gb machine.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
But when you load this file into LSP it is doing the conversion from LOR to LSP format, LOR only imports LMS files it doesnt actually run LMS files natively.

But even the conversion process took well under 20 seconds and when converted to a MSQ file it takes much less than 10 seconds to load. Im using an I7 3.4ghz 16gb machine.

That makes sense, in my timings it would have been 16 seconds to do the conversion and then 20 seconds to do the load.

I have made a video of my importing into both LOR and LSP. Is the way I am doing it for LSP correct?

http://meighan.net/nutcracker/tutorials/LOR_LSP.swf

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Yes you are loading this in correctly, just then save it as a MSQ file. The big delay is due to the lack of audio file and LSP looking for a file at first. Its really a one off when importing. Then close once saved as a MSQ file and it should load in under 1/2 the time.

I find the biggest issue is the way it converts into seperate channels, this seems to be a functionality of the LSP conversion.

Keep the great work coming :D