Nutcracker: musings on a new target model

smeighan

Dedicated elf
I saw an exhibit at the Denver art museum a few years back where they hung led strings from the ceiling. It looked like a big area with random flashing lights. But, if you got to the right place it resolved into moving shapes (shadows of people ) walking.

Here is an artist also making pictures out of hanging leds

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/02/mesmerizing-light-sculptures_n_1316826.html

i was imagining what i might do with much fewer strings, something like a giant cube with each strand 2-3 feet apart. Maybe at first, not even a cube. Say 10 strings hanging vertically around the front yard. From one viewpoint from the street the randomness turns into some cool effect.

The math of projecting objects into 3d space is pretty straightforward.

need more lights ....

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Could this be a hint on things to come from you Sean, 3 dimensional objects. it does seen a logical step

smeighan

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Could this be a hint on things to come from you Sean, 3 dimensional objects. it does seen a logical step

yep. i actually envisioned something like 3d objects when i first thought up nutcracker in january, i need to finish all the 2d stuff, output to sequencers, create targets .etc, .etc. My passion is in 3d space.

I also plan on connecting all the objects in my front yard into one canvas and allow effects to go across them all.

*sigh*

i cant keep up with myself, lol

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Just a thought on the 2D space, is it possible in all the effects to get some simple colour manipulations like
change Colour1 to Colour2, full object effect. (simple in all but Vixen btw)
Change colour1 to Colour2, wiping colour across/around object, choose direction and angle of colour wipe.

If i missed these my apologies for wasting your time reading this reply, your moving so fast old blokes like me are struggling in the dust.

Cheers
Phil