Nutcracker: New effect, scolling text

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Ok, the next effect has come on line.

Scrolling text looks best when you have more strands on the tree. This is why i will be building a half megtree to get as many strands at an economic price.

There is now a new option on all effects, "Show frame". If you answer yes, there will be a gray outline of your target model drawn. I find it easier to use this when designing the first effects. I then turn this off to see what the tree will look like at night.

_POST
username f
user_target ZZ_ZZ
effect_class text
effect_name TEXT1
text1 Merry Christmas
text2 TUNE to 88.5fm
window_degrees 180
text1_color #FF0829
text2_color #FFF700
frame_delay 11
topPixel 15
seq_duration 11
show_frame y
submit Submit Form to create your target model
ZZ_ZZ+TEXT1.gif

thanks

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Sean

Now this one i really really want to play with and just may be the reason to set up the megatree in the backyard during the southern winter the next few months.

Knowing you read all these various threads I'll ask the following.
Have you run across software from ETC called PixelToy http://www.etcconnect.com/Community/wikis/products/pixeltoy.aspx

Been playing with it the last couple of days and last night had live output to a couple universes of SACN connected Pixels.
I could picture some of your effects being made into pixeltoy effects as plugins that they claim anyone can write, i personally haven't had time to look.
The really trick thing is the ability to control just about everything exernally either from TouchOSC interface or from another DMX universe in the sACN stream.

Cheers
Phil

smeighan

Dedicated elf
AussiePhil said:
Sean

Now this one i really really want to play with and just may be the reason to set up the megatree in the backyard during the southern winter the next few months.

Knowing you read all these various threads I'll ask the following.
Have you run across software from ETC called PixelToy http://www.etcconnect.com/Community/wikis/products/pixeltoy.aspx

Been playing with it the last couple of days and last night had live output to a couple universes of SACN connected Pixels.
I could picture some of your effects being made into pixeltoy effects as plugins that they claim anyone can write, i personally haven't had time to look.
The really trick thing is the ability to control just about everything exernally either from TouchOSC interface or from another DMX universe in the sACN stream.

Cheers
Phil

I will take a look, It looks very cool. I am going to reconnect all the effects i have finished this week, and then work on the LSP XML or LOR.

Those are going to be two PITA works.

i also want to get user documentation and some vimeo tutorials.

looks like no shortage of work this year