Nutcracker updated effects

ChrisB

New elf
So I have nutcracker installed on my laptop, via local host. It works. However last night I tried to update the effects list by downloading a zip file. I downloaded to my desktop. I then extracted it to wamp/www/nutcracker. However I do not see any new effects? The only reason I thought I would see new effects was because in another post I read there was a new effect called "trees" that had garland wrapping around each branch. Very cool effect. The other thing I cant seem to get working is the gif and picture effects. Anyone else with a local install that may be able to help?? Thanks Chris

smeighan

Dedicated elf
ChrisB said:
So I have nutcracker installed on my laptop, via local host. It works. However last night I tried to update the effects list by downloading a zip file. I downloaded to my desktop. I then extracted it to wamp/www/nutcracker. However I do not see any new effects? The only reason I thought I would see new effects was because in another post I read there was a new effect called "trees" that had garland wrapping around each branch. Very cool effect. The other thing I cant seem to get working is the gif and picture effects. Anyone else with a local install that may be able to help?? Thanks Chris

New effects require two things
1) The new code. In this case effects/tree.php and f_tree.php
2) New entries in the effects_hdr and effects_dtl tables

If you installed the zip file you have only (1)

The zip file does contain the 200,000 records of the database but those records are not loaded unless you run install.php (Step #7 listed here http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?21784-Nutcracker-Local-Install-of-Nutcracker)

If you do reload the database, any local changes you have made will be lost. So if you need to keep changes, run
Admin, Export
then run install.php
Admin, Import

ChrisB

New elf
Hi Sean, I ran http:localhost/nutcracker/install.php and everything says "Sucessful" However I cannot login, it wont accept my password. Thanks again Chris