Nutcracker (web version): Local Install

Goulburn

New elf
Bridgette said:
Hi All

Just got a new (my first) laptop, touch screen with windows 8, thought Id ask is there anything I should know about doing a local install under windows 8 ?, also when I go to the winamp page which is the one IO download, there are about 5 different varieties there, thanks

I have it installed on a Win8 machine and I had problems with using the Apache 2.4.2 version. Using the Apache 2.2.22 version is fine, but I have noticed it takes a little time to compile the sequences. Also takes time to move to each page after you make a target/effect generator.

Bridgette

Apprentice elf
Hi Again
Ive worked out admin in win 8 and modified the path in the config
Ive installed wamp and done the local host and that's fine and it went to where I think it should have and I did a status check and all looked ok and wamp is running
when I use the localhost/nutcracker etc into the web browser is cant find it any ideas?

when I extracted the file it went into the path below, is that correct?
C:\wamp\www\nutcracker\smeighan-nutcracker-441a457
Thankyou to all those that help me

Bree

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Bridgette said:
Hi Again
Ive worked out admin in win 8 and modified the path in the config
Ive installed wamp and done the local host and that's fine and it went to where I think it should have and I did a status check and all looked ok and wamp is running
when I use the localhost/nutcracker etc into the web browser is cant find it any ideas?

when I extracted the file it went into the path below, is that correct?
C:\wamp\www\nutcracker\smeighan-nutcracker-441a457
Thankyou to all those that help me

Bree

you did not put the nutcracker code tree in the right place.

go in to C:\wamp\www\nutcracker\smeighan-nutcracker-441a457
tyoe ctl-a, ctl-c to copy all the files that are there.

Now make a new directory c:\wamp\www\nutcracker
cd into that directory and type ctl-v to paste the nutcracker files tehre.

The way i download is let it go into my downloads directory. I then step into that location and copy all the files paste them over in c:\wamp\www\nutcracker.

thanks

Bridgette

Apprentice elf
Hi
Sorry for being so slow
I’ve worked out admin and the config file is modified ok
Ive moved files into the correct location now – sorry about that
Tried the to run the path in the browser and nothing, local host still takes me to the xampp page which means that its working from what I can see in the notes but the php install doesn’t, says cant find local host.
So rechecked path in config, rechecked location of files and even extracted the files over the top of the existing in the correct location and re red the instructions and still no go
So then I thought… In the forum thread it talked all about wamp and what to do with it and etc etc, but I followed the link in the forum and installed off ….forge. it installed xampp, so I was thinking is this the issue its not wamp, so I installed all the files under xampp - c:\xampp\www\ etc etc and set that path in the config and still no go
Everything looks to be in the correct locations and paths look fine, now I really lost, tried to find someone in chat to help last night but it was dead
Thanks

Bree
Lost in space – (cyberspace)

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Bridgette said:
Hi
Sorry for being so slow
I’ve worked out admin and the config file is modified ok
Ive moved files into the correct location now – sorry about that
Tried the to run the path in the browser and nothing, local host still takes me to the xampp page which means that its working from what I can see in the notes but the php install doesn’t, says cant find local host.
So rechecked path in config, rechecked location of files and even extracted the files over the top of the existing in the correct location and re red the instructions and still no go
So then I thought… In the forum thread it talked all about wamp and what to do with it and etc etc, but I followed the link in the forum and installed off ….forge. it installed xampp, so I was thinking is this the issue its not wamp, so I installed all the files under xampp - c:\xampp\www\ etc etc and set that path in the config and still no go
Everything looks to be in the correct locations and paths look fine, now I really lost, tried to find someone in chat to help last night but it was dead
Thanks

Bree
Lost in space – (cyberspace)

if you install wamp
c:\wamp\www\nutcracker

or if you install xampp
c:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker

are the targret destination to put the github files

Bridgette

Apprentice elf
ive tried the new path with htdocs in it and it looks like it will work, im at work at present with no internetaccess, it will have to wait until i get home, thanks so much for your help :)

Bree

:)

Bridgette

Apprentice elf
Hi
I got into the program and all looked great, I tried to build the gallery locally and the below errors came up and I think its stopped, any ideas please, thanks x

Warning: set_error_handler() expects the argument (customError) to be a valid callback in C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\effects\generate_gallery_gifs.php on line 167

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\effects\generate_gallery_gifs.php:157) in C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\conf\auth.php on line 3
Nutcracker: RGB Effects Builder

then it ceated a table for a dozen rows the the following error

failed to copy C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\targets/2/M16_50.dat to C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\targets/2/M16_50.dat
The directory workspaces/2 does not exist, creating it
Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\effects\generate_gallery_gifs.php on line 627

Code:
effect_in_audit(username,effect_name) = effect_in_audit(f,161_10) failed from previous run
Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\effects\generate_gallery_gifs.php on line 627

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\effects\f_garlands.php on line 27

Warning: fopen(../effects/workspaces/2/M16_50~161_15_d_1.dat) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\effects\f_garlands.php on line 84
can't open file
1 :rebuilding
[/t]

Bridgette

Apprentice elf
Ive traced down some other instructions and got the .7z file and extracted it then built the gallery, now it says there are 6800 odd files in there, no pics though, I did read somewhere there may have been issues with IE using it with the graphics, casn anyone tell me if thats the case and i think ill go with firefox, thanks all so much x
Bree

Goulburn

New elf
For the gallery be sure to use any browser except for IE
Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera all work correctly. Something about IE causes the browser to hang.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Bridgette said:
Hi
I got into the program and all looked great, I tried to build the gallery locally and the below errors came up and I think its stopped, any ideas please, thanks x

Warning: set_error_handler() expects the argument (customError) to be a valid callback in C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\effects\generate_gallery_gifs.php on line 167

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\effects\generate_gallery_gifs.php:157) in C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\conf\auth.php on line 3
Nutcracker: RGB Effects Builder

then it ceated a table for a dozen rows the the following error

failed to copy C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\targets/2/M16_50.dat to C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\targets/2/M16_50.dat

Code:
effect_in_audit(username,effect_name) = effect_in_audit(f,161_10) failed from previous run

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\effects\f_garlands.php on line 27

Warning: fopen(../effects/workspaces/2/M16_50~161_15_d_1.dat) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\effects\f_garlands.php on line 84
can't open file
1 :rebuilding
[/t]

DO Note run generate_gallery_gifs.php. It works for me but many people get stuck.

For those who are having a hard time rebuilding the gallery. I have copied all the effects into a 7zip filehttp://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/tutorials/workspaces.7zunzip them to C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\effects\workspaces\ if you have xampp and to C:\wamp\www\nutcracker\effects\workspaces\ if you have wampbe sure to run http://localhost/nutcracker/effects/create_gallery.php after you have unzipped this file. You need to generate entries in your local database for these new files.With this process the gifs have been pre generated so you dont run generate_gallery_gifs.php
thankssean