NutCracker/xLights Crashing

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
Hi. I am having problems with Nutcracker/Xlights crashing while using the TESTING function of xLights to accomplish a burn in's with my new Technicolor lights from Ray Wu. [SIZE=small]I am using version 3.4.6 of the XLights/Nutcracker. [/SIZE]

What happens is that I will start to do a burn in of my lights and about 10 minutes into it the lights will stop working. When I try and restart the lights in XLights/Nutcracker it will go to the [SIZE=small]"Not responding screen." It takes a reboot of the computer to get things working again. Usually the second time, Nutcracker/XLights [/SIZE][SIZE=small]will work flawlessly for as long as I run it (even over night). A few days later I will start fresh with some new lights and it [/SIZE][SIZE=small]will crash the first time requiring a reboot.[/SIZE]

Anyone have this problem?

My Controller is the PixLite 4.

My Computer:

Dell Optiplex 740
AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core 2.2 GHz
4 GB RAM
64 bit Windows 7 Ultimatae
ATI Radion HD 4500 Graphics Card

Any help is appreciated.

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Sounds like a conflict somewhere, is xlights the only thing running the lights or do you have a sequencer running at the same time? LOR's com listener needs to be unloaded before you output to lights for example, just a shot in the dark.
John

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
No LOR loaded.
ca2a0bd5ced5e3fea1afeb5c1c78c1a1.jpg

I don't think there is anything else is loaded that will do it but here are the network adapters and com ports.

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
Tried it again last night. Same results. Crashed the first time after 10 minutes and after a reboot it ran all night. Have not tried a different computer yet.

Is there some kind of debug I can run to see what is failing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smeighan

Dedicated elf
i cant seem to duplicate this. so can you screen shot your SETUP screen. Is this multicast or unicast?
when it crashes, can you screen shot the crash screen and post?

thanks
sean