OCD meets CLAP

gerry

Senior elf
The picture is most useful for others (such as myself) to also see how layouts and connections can be done.

Do you have a link to those fuses - as mine have 6 ins (from power) and 6 outs..

scamper

Dedicated elf
This was how I did my first box, This is the controller for the mega tree and because it was central in the yard I made room for mains skts to power blow up's etc.
The switches on the top marked 5v and 12v are switching the 240v into the power supplies, so when they are off all of the mains potential is behind the wood board = safer.
I will be fusing other outputs this year, but the board I used is fused already, so there was no point. The wire is 5mm so as good as no voltage drop there :D

Attachments

• IMG_4978.JPG
    IMG_4978.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 44

kane

Dedicated elf
One other thing I'd suggest - cover up the 240v connectors on your power supplies somehow. Last thing you want is exposed 240v.

Myself, I used a bunch of hot glue, and stuck a piece of plastic cut to size to cover the three wires for 240v in.

Others may have a better option - would be good if those power supplies had the input and output separated a bit...

Baf05

Full time elf
upgraded the wire today.

take%2Btwo.JPG

I got the fuse holders from Jaycar, they were $20 a piece, but I have seen them on EBay much cheaper....