Ok what am I doing wrong

bdeditch

Full time elf
I was watching this video Apr18 Intro Vixen LOR on Vimeo and cannot get my lights to all work like he does.
When I use nutcracker test all of my lights work no problem, but when I go to nutcracker, and I did do setup of 24 strands 25 pixels per strand, start at universe 1 in nutcracker, it will be in universe 2 when I get to LOR. I only get about 5 strings working only, not the full effect. What am I forgetting to do?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
There's not too much info that you've given us but I'd be thinking that maybe you only have 1 or 2 universes setup.

AAH

If I read it rightly you are building some effects in xlights/nutcracker and testing them and they work. When you export to LOR only some are working. When you do the channel configs etc in nutcracker it will automatically assign the channels to E1.31. When you export to LOR you will need to ensure that the universes are correctly setup in the network setup. What it sounds like to me is that 1 universe is correctly assigned to E1.31 and the balance of the universes aren't. If in doubt a screenshot of a bit of the channel config page and the network setup page might give us some insight.

bdeditch

Full time elf
AAH said:
If I read it rightly you are building some effects in xlights/nutcracker and testing them and they work. When you export to LOR only some are working. When you do the channel configs etc in nutcracker it will automatically assign the channels to E1.31. When you export to LOR you will need to ensure that the universes are correctly setup in the network setup. What it sounds like to me is that 1 universe is correctly assigned to E1.31 and the balance of the universes aren't. If in doubt a screenshot of a bit of the channel config page and the network setup page might give us some insight.

No I have exported anything to LOR yet.
The only problem could be the strings I am using. They are the ones from Ray that are 150 pixels, but 3 pixel's are controlled as one [SIZE=78%]http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/5m-led-digital-strip-DC12V-input-WS2811IC-256-scale-10pcs-IC-and-30pcs-5050-SMD-RGB/701799_568458133.html[/SIZE]

I am using half strings of these, so that is 75 pixels, but divided by 3, that would be 25 sets of 3 are being controlled. So when I went to set up and entered all of the info I put in 24 strings, 25 nodes but it shows up as start channel 1 and ends at 75 for 1st universe, I an not get in to end at 25. I tried different things and it all seems to do the same thing.

AAH

Part of the issue here may be in the confusion in terms. A pixel typically refers to a single rgb device which will take up 3 channels in software etc. The strip you linked to is 50 pixels or 150 channels. I haven't played with nutcracker enough to be familiar with the way that megatrees are configured in it but I would try using either the built in test app that I vaguely recall it has or alternatively da_1.31 from https://www.audiovisualdevices.com.au/software/da_e131/index.php so that you can actually see which specific lights are and aren't going.

bdeditch

Full time elf
Ok I tried some other things͵ adding more nodes to it͵ and getting better results. Leaving for Nevada for the day so I will play with it more tonight. Thanks for your help, I see where I was entering wrong info now.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
bdeditch said:
Ok I tried some other things͵ adding more nodes to it͵ and getting better results. Leaving for Nevada for the day so I will play with it more tonight. Thanks for your help, I see where I was entering wrong info now.

before you ever go to the nutcracker tab i would finish the SETUP tabe and then go over to the TEST tab. Make sure every node can be turned on, there sliders for colors and for creating test patterns.

let me know if you still have issues

sean

bdeditch

Full time elf
smeighan said:
bdeditch said:

before you ever go to the nutcracker tab i would finish the SETUP tabe and then go over to the TEST tab. Make sure every node can be turned on, there sliders for colors and for creating test patterns.

let me know if you still have issues

sean

It was my fault,of course, it was the way I set it up. I forgot about the rgb = 3 for each pixel. I was doing by setting up only 25 pixels. It works great now. Just waiting for my metal to mount this strips on and build my 180 degree tree.