old but newb

tim120865

New elf
hi everyone. from buffalo. Damn it's about cold here. so i have been doing stage lighting for years...about 30. although i know quite a bit about led and dmx stage lighting fixtures and controls i know very little about lor or xlights. so here i am. good on ya mates!

Bird

LOR user
From Cincinnati
Welcome.gif

to ACL Tim

First the disclaimer
Joining these forums and entering the chat room can give you CLAP!!! :D
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem

If you haven't found it yet, the new revised 2nd addition AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is a great resource for all things RGB and more. :)

If you know about DMX & RGB I wouldn't touch LOR. Although I use LOR, it is more expensive and I have little prior experience with DMX.
There are plenty of DMX controllers available for hobby use. If you have never done sequencing before take your time before deciding what software to use. Lots of prior discussions about sequencers/software can be found here and it is very easy to get a new discussion started about sequencers. LOL

Habbosrus

Back again
G'day Tim, welcome to ACL mate. You've come to the right place for information and inspiration. Check out the manual. Jump into chat if you get a chance. There's a great bunch of very clever and informative people here on ACL ready to help.

Habbosrus

Back again
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
Great place to learn things blinky and to polish up on your Aussie slang as well.
Strewth mate. I dunno what you're talkin'about. What Aussie slang gets used around here? I reckon all us blokes and shiela's use dinky-di, ridgy-didge English don't we? ;)