Olivevale Christmas 2012 - Test Run

BenGus

New elf
Hey all!

After the water damage suffered last year, I decided to move the bulk of the display over to RGB strip and have spent a good part of the year constructing various things and testing etc. We have most of the display up now (after nearly 1 week solid day and night), and now it's time to sort out the teething issues ... namely with LED rope light and Light-O-Rama *grumble*.

Anyways, here's a terrible video of our first run. Thanks to everyone on the boards and chat room for your help over the past year and a bit, without the information contained here and the assistance offered from fellow addicts this hobby would certainly be a whole lot harder!

Shell Graphix Christmas Lights 2012 - First test run of the season on Vimeo

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Looks Good Ben.

I can see you have put a lot of effort in this year. Great Stuff.

BenGus

New elf
Thanks Bevo. I hope your display is coming along nicely as well, can't wait to bring the family out to take a look!

Ed Slonka Jr

New elf
Ben,
Nice display! Any how to's on the spiral trees and Mege tree? I have the spirals in incandescents and want to change to RGB. What did you use? Any info. would be great.
Thanks, Ed

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Ben if that is a "terrible video" i would hate to see what a great video is.
that looks like a great display, great work

BenGus

New elf
Ed Slonka Jr said:
Ben,
Nice display! Any how to's on the spiral trees and Mege tree? I have the spirals in incandescents and want to change to RGB. What did you use? Any info. would be great.
Thanks, Ed

I would be happy to post some pics and how-to's for those features. I'll try and get them done this week :)

BenGus

New elf
smartalec said:
Ben if that is a "terrible video" i would hate to see what a great video is.
that looks like a great display, great work

Thanks very much! I was actually referring to the quality of the filming, our little camera has a hard time focusing properly when the blinky-flashy is going so the videos tend to be on the blurry side.

Snow machines should arrive today as well, has anyone used them in their displays before?

Bird

LOR user
Lots of very nice work you have done.
Videos, singing ginger bread, lots of pretty colors blinking and flashing, strobes, etc
All looks good including the photography

BenGus

New elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Looks great, im sure you are happy with your results and I bet the kids love it

Thanks very much! We are so pleased with the results and the kids absolutely love it (especially the snow machine!)

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Nice display. Love the Gingerbread man.
I have used a snow machine last year but only ever used it manually ( with a remote). However, it was a hit with the kids. Just make sure you flush it at the end of Xmas. I forgot to flush mine and now it's blocked. It's this weekend project to get it going.

BenGus

New elf
logandc99 said:
Nice display. Love the Gingerbread man.
I have used a snow machine last year but only ever used it manually ( with a remote). However, it was a hit with the kids. Just make sure you flush it at the end of Xmas. I forgot to flush mine and now it's blocked. It's this weekend project to get it going.

Ah cheers for that. I've been making my own mixture using rainwater, isocol and space-time bubble bath and it works really well but I was worried about clogging. What about running CLR through it once a week/month?