Olivevale Display - Ormeau, Queensland

BenGus

New elf
Hey all,

Finally got my controllers from Light-o-rama and got everything hooked up ... and then it rained ... and then I lost a channel on one of the Light-o-rama controllers (faulty triac) and THEN I lost more lights from the mega-tree and finally, my LED stars on the roof decided to go on the fritz! In any case, the kids loved it and I created havoc on our street and really that's all that matters!

Apologies for the crappy video quality, but you get the general idea. Bigger and better next year! Bring on the 12 channels of CCR, mini trees and driveway arches!

Thanks to everyone on the forums and in the chat room that helped me out getting this set up so quickly and see you all at the mini!

Ormeau Christmas Lights 2011

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
The joy of electronics Ive had a year of things going wrong too, but I guess thats all part of this crazy hobby, the thing is most dont realise and we are our own greatest critics

BenGus

New elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Looks like your video has been blocked by good old youtube, better off using Vimeo

Still seems to be working for me here? I'll try Vimeo a little later. The poor old ADSL is suffering a bit with the uploads ... took 5 hrs to get it onto Failtube :(

Wait, nope you're right. Off to Vimeo I go!

Bird

LOR user
Sounds like you had to throw it together last minute.
That is a good show even if you had time to prepare it.
Very nice first year. Look forward to your CCR's next year.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
For the time you had i think you have done a marvellous job and the sequencing is top rate. Great work

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Good effort mate.
I was going to drop a flyer in your letter box the other day when I was visiting a friend in your street during the day, as your display looked well set up. Glad I didn't. It was good to see your whole street putting lights up. My friend came out and saw my display last week and now is hooked and I am sure he will be up asking you a lot of questions too.

Great job with the space and time.