OMFT's 2012 Christmas shows

oldmanfathertime1000

Computers, music, audio, video, electronics
After trying to up-load to youtube, they said it was too long (18 minutes) & rejected it. I am now gonna post on vimeo in the future.

Here are my 2012 shows. One is the neighbors home. 12 LOR controllers, about 35,000 regular LED lights. The oak tree has about 7,000 LEDs in it. LOR S3 software.

Mine is just a mega tree, cross & angel. Three days before Christmas, all the light strips on my columns & roof line did not work. I ran out of time so just, went with the Tree, Cross & angel.

Merry Christmas to all & have a Happy New Year.

https://vimeo.com/user15476265/videos

Robbo

Full time elf
tree looks great OMFT :) 12 seems to look pretty good and using the full 5 metre strips as well, I'm pretty much convinced I'm gonna do a 12 strip tree at 5 metres high :)

kel

Dedicated elf
work29.gif

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Considering you did 2 displays and took on RGB for the first time on one, I think you have done very well. The first year with pixels is always a learning year, so i expect that next year will be much more successful for you as now you have a lot more confidence.

oldmanfathertime1000

Computers, music, audio, video, electronics
trafficman,

The angel was an old wire frame angel used in the yard for years & was no longer used there. I had 2 of them. I used the wings from one of them to add to the other. This gave me wings to animate.

It is about 6 feet tall. 4 LOR channels. the body(1 channel-white), the wings(2 channels-white) & the horn(1 channel-blue). It is mounted on the top (30 feet) of my old TV ant. tower.

Hope this helps you,

Sully Onellion

(oldmanfathertime1000)

angus40

Senior elf
Excellent work Sully ! on both shows and your videos of them .

Like Shell said , 1 show was difficult enough for me to pull off also , I don't know how you managed 2 .

Cheers
Richard