On a good day, you can't beat living in NZ - it's the other 364 that are the problem

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Hmmm. Just looked at the weather forecast. Maybe not a lot of blinky flashy in the future.

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 13

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I must say that the end of last week (3rd/4th/5th) was fantastic weather, so looks like i was lucky

ShellNZ

Senior elf
At any given time logan it always has the following week as rain :) been watching it for months, they always have it set as rain after 5 days as they dont have a clue whats happening in the next hour let alone days out :)

gerry

Senior elf
As someone who lived in Wellington for over a decade , all I can say is that at least you are up north.

Much as every year I used to long for rain at this time of the year here in Mel, this year I am happy at were we are so far.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
ShellNZ said:
At any given time logan it always has the following week as rain :) been watching it for months, they always have it set as rain after 5 days as they dont have a clue whats happening in the next hour let alone days out :)

Tis very true...... I hope the Metservice is as accurate as they have been so far... that way we will have glorious sunshine

Habbosrus

Back again
I wish you all the best for good weather. We've had storms every day for over a week now. Most of them have appeared around about the time I'm getting ready to flick the switches on for my show. I've been able to run the show, at least for a while, on all but 2 nights so far though. The word is getting out. We had visitors from as far away as Gosford and Nelson Bay last night!

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Spent this morning lifting the lights on the lawn and gardens up from under water. However, the easterly gales should help dry things out once the flooding stops and I have retrieved my lights from the neighbours property [emoji12]

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
You could always move to North America where they get to play in the snow over Christmas.....and enjoy the exercise of digging their display out of the snow everyday ...lol

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Good idea. My wife has been asking for a white Christmas [emoji2]

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Yep, should be lots of wind today to dry things out :)

Ran my show last night from 9-10pm, was supposed to be 9-10:30pm. Pulled the pin as I was wet and there was a good movie I wanted to watch lol.

Still had 300 idiots out there in the rain watching it last night, either dedicated or stupid, not sure which.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
ShellNZ said:
Yep, should be lots of wind today to dry things out :)

Ran my show last night from 9-10pm, was supposed to be 9-10:30pm. Pulled the pin as I was wet and there was a good movie I wanted to watch lol.

Still had 300 idiots out there in the rain watching it last night, either dedicated or stupid, not sure which.

As they say, the show must go on! Let's say they were dedicated [emoji2].
I decided to have the whole night off. Was looking forward to a nights rest anyway to be honest. Just hope it doesn't go on too much longer.

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Persisting down in Hamilton right now. My show this year is from 21st to 23rd only and INSIDE a theatre. No wind, rain or sunshine. :D :D :D Make it dark by turning off the lights, captive, paying audience. Just gotta finish all my props then travel 4 hours to set it up. No pressure. (I'm typing while eating breakfast)

logandc99

Dedicated elf
On a good day, you can't beat living in NZ - it's the other 364 that are the ...

Sounds like you have all the elements well under your control....... oh, except for a power cut [emoji6]

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Re: On a good day, you can't beat living in NZ - it's the other 364 that are the ...

logandc99 said:
Sounds like you have all the elements well under your control....... oh, except for a power cut [emoji6]

THANKS :mad: had not thought about that one..... Could use 12V batteries :D

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Well to make you mates down under feel a little better, I live in upstate NY close to the border with Canada.
I always love it when people tell me "Oh you must love summer in the mountains" and I tell them "Ya, we are hoping that it comes on a weekend this year!"