Ordering from Ray Wu

Rxsd

New elf
When you guys order from Ray Wu do you send a personal e-mail or do you use the web page to order,
I do remember reading here that the e-mail would save on shipping cost.
If the e-mail is the preferred method do you guys have his e-mail address
Thanks for any info

Ray :)

mborg10

Michael Borg
ray@rita-light.com
I'd recommend creating an excel sheet with quantities photos from his website as well as direct links to his website. The more info the better so the difference in languages isn't an issue.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
I always give ray the link to the product im after with a quantity next to it. then he sends me a pi with those details on it with pics and pricing. so it is easy to check you have it right

mararunr

Here to learn! (and share)
3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
pi is proforma invoice where he combines shipping - there is the real cost savings. I have the following email addresses for Ray (I put all of them on the To line because I have gotten responses from each).
contact@rita-led.com
contact@rita-light.com
ray@rita-light.com
I just always start the email with a salutation to Ray (like "Good Day Ray,") and Ray responds. Have my own opinion on whether Ray is a single person or group of individuals but it doesn't matter either way because I always get a timely reponse and have good conversations when I have questions.
You can also specify things like length between nodes/modules or having them add pigtails, etc. when you are placing the order.

Rxsd

New elf
Thank you people for your replies

Regards
Ray

gerry

Senior elf
Same as Ben...

Links are most important as sometimes the description is not quite right.
Check the PI that he sends back carefully that they correspond with the links that you sent.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
That can vary depending on several factors like, Time of the year - after july things get very busy
If the product is something he has available in stock or he has to get manufactured and location

Generally if he has it in stock then you should see it within 10 days or less

ando1961

New elf
Thanks Eddy,

I ordered a heap on the 26th nd 4 days ago Ray said is would be sent withing 3 days. Just emailed him today and he has been called away on urgent business and won't be back in the office until the 9th. Just my luck.

Les

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The issue right now is China is moving into Chinese new year (19th of Feb) so for approx 2 weeks not much happens there and many factories will start to close down shortly.
So as long as Ray doesnt muck you around to much more then you should have it sent before the Chinese new year

Pircy

Full time elf
China also has their national holiday from 1-3 October but with weekends pretty much extend it out to a week form 1-7 October. I know it's a long time away however it's a time when we all go "damn I need a ..........." And we need it then and there for upcoming displays. Traditionally everyone heads home for that week so lots of business closes.

mararunr

Here to learn! (and share)
3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
ando1961 said:
Thanks Eddy,

I ordered a heap on the 26th nd 4 days ago Ray said is would be sent withing 3 days. Just emailed him today and he has been called away on urgent business and won't be back in the office until the 9th. Just my luck.

Les

Thank you. I sent him something late on the 4th (mid-day his 5th) and was surprised I hadn't got a response yet. Luckily it was nothing urgent so I'll wait it out for now and try again after the 9th if he hasn't responded.

ando1961

New elf
My order dispatched from Dongguan, China Saturday 7th , Arrived today Brisbane. Awesome.

I do have a question though about 2 strips of WS2811. Should I be happy that these are not a full continuous strip and one that has been joined every 500mm on one and the other has 14 joins to make 5 meters.

Les