Our 2012 Pixel Snowmen!

Gary Martin

New elf
Acrylic circles mounted on a steel spine. TSL3001 pixels edge mounted on the circles using vinyl tubing. 134 pixels per snowman and a Might Mini RGB flood in the hat for down pool lighting.

https://vimeo.com/56308033

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The sequencing is awesome and I reckon the effects you use around the 1:30 mark would make for awesome baubles. I'm hoping for some more info too as I could see me making some baubles up using the same style.

Dave H

Apprentice elf
Gary Martin said:
Acrylic circles mounted on a steel spine. TSL3001 pixels edge mounted on the circles using vinyl tubing. 134 pixels per snowman and a Might Mini RGB flood in the hat for down pool lighting.

Gary,
As always, another great display. Your snowmen have grown, what are you feeding them??

How have you mighty minis been holding up?
You still using them on the house too?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Ive posted somewhere else about how much i like the snowmen and the great work you did. Just wondering if you can share some snowmen build info.

MacThomas76

Animated Shows since 2012
Very unique! You came up with some really cool effects in the sequencing. looks fantastic! Great job!!

-Thomas

Gary Martin

New elf
Dave H said:
Gary Martin said:

Gary,
As always, another great display. Your snowmen have grown, what are you feeding them??

How have you mighty minis been holding up?
You still using them on the house too?

Why I fed them pixels of course! ;)
The Mighty Minis are still holding up perfect. They're inside the tophats on the pixel snowmen, aimed downward to make the ground pools.
The RGB floods you see uplighting the trees and the house are Ray Wu's 30 watt units.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
There's some interesting lighting effects generated that I can't envisage from just having the pixels around the rim of the snow men. There seems to be some sort of radial lines and at times the centres of the 3 parts of the snowmen are different colours to the perimeter. I've spent so much time watching the snowmen that it's probably taken me 10 viewings to notice and admire the star spinner above your front door. Nice work.

Gary Martin

New elf
AAH said:
There's some interesting lighting effects generated that I can't envisage from just having the pixels around the rim of the snow men. There seems to be some sort of radial lines and at times the centres of the 3 parts of the snowmen are different colours to the perimeter. I've spent so much time watching the snowmen that it's probably taken me 10 viewings to notice and admire the star spinner above your front door. Nice work.
That's part of the fun of this design AAH! Let's say you have a red/green pattern of 6 pixels each color. On the edges you'll get Red, then Green but towards the center where everything's mixing you'll have yellow.