OzChristmasLights - still looking for registrations of Christmas light displays

I have had a fair few registrations over the last week and there are a few that are now ready for visitors.

If you would like to register your house or check out the site go to http://www.ozchristmaslights.com/

I have had registrations in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Perth and some regional areas. We are always looking for more locations. You can register where ever you are in Australia.

There has been a few photos added and if there is more interest I will add a post video option as well.

If you like the site make sure you tweet it, like it or suggest it to friends to let everyone know about it!

Thanks,
Shane @ OzChristmasLights.com

Mike

CLAP infected!
Video might be good, or better for some because it can be hard photograhing moving lights or had videos of it previously. As well as maybe a place to write a description. EG radio channel etc

I have added a Description field to the to do list as well as the video option.

I was also wondering about the other fields I have currently which are Lights On/Lights Off and the Number of lights.

I assume the Lights On and Off fields values should be ok for most people giving options between 6pm and midnight.

As for the Number of lights I have noticed a lot of people putting the 'Too many to count' option. Either meaning they may not know or it is greater than the currently largest option of 2000. I could possibly add more options to make it 2000-5000, 5000-10000 etc. I just haven't had much experience putting lights up myself only viewing so I don't know how many lights that a normal large display can consist of. It's a bit like how many lollies are there in a jar, you could run a competition on it. I know if I did have a lighting display I would want to keep track of it because then I would be able to say I have 22,365 lights on my house. Is this generally what happens do most people like to keep track of how many lights they have up, or at least a ball park range.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Probabably best to offer these light counts I'd say for maximum flexibility:
0-250
250-1000
1000-2000
2000-3000
3000-4000
4000-5000
5000-7500
7500-10000
10000-15000
15000-20000
20000-25000
25000-50000
Too many to count

I'd also add a syncronised yes/no option..

Regarding video, you could possibly integrate vimeo/youtube players like we've done at http://videos.auschristmaslighting.com/

Mike

CLAP infected!
I think it would be fair to say most of us here will be in the 7500 + range as a bare minimum. Personally I have over 9000 lights, and I know some of the guys are up near the 30000+ mark.

The other options are good though

kel

Dedicated elf
Number of lights ... how would I know ... I have been buying x amount for upteen years ::) All I know is that 'we' have never put up 'all' our lights ... we call it quits when things look ok!

:)

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Shane

Hi, I registered for the ACT :)

Some thoughts and comments.

* Whilst registering makes sense i wonder if it will put some people off.
* Is it possible to provide a feedback/rating system for visitors, many people this year have commented to me they have printed lists from other sites that are useless and they would like to be able to rate lights.
* Could you collect wether it is Animated to music or static
* Also if broadcasting the FM frequency in use

and of course a biggy, just how hard would it be to provide a check box for visitors to select displays to visit then have googlemaps api do a route calculation?

Congrats on the site by the way.

Phil