Answered P10 Confusion

MD389

New elf
Hey all,

This year we will be having a few P10 matrix's but in the testing phase i've run into a confusing issue which I can't seem to resolve. The panel(s) seem to receive the data but output a 3 on, 3 off, 3 on, 3 off pattern.

To help troubleshoot the issue and make sure im not going crazy i've setup a new xLights show directory with 6 universes and a single matrix prop (orginally i was testing with 2 panels).

xlights_setup.png

prop_config.png

The panel(s) are being controlled with a Raspberry Pi Zero & Alan's rPi-P10 cape with single panel connected to output 1. FPP has been setup and i've configured the channel inputs to match the setup in xLights & for testing configured a single p10 panel under the LED panels section.

fpp_inputs.png

p10_config.png

but whenever I turn on the lights in xLights or use FPP's test patterns the display shows the following;
IMG_20190419_114421093.jpg

Any help would be super appreciated.

Thanks

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Can you try output 2 of the rPi-P10. A few of the boards had a bug on them due to a typo. I thought that I had fixed them all but at least 1 of them is out in the wild.

MD389

New elf
@AAH When testing output 2 I noticed that it would randomly work and noticed the GPIO socket was not completely flush with the rPi due to my spacers being slightly to tall. After removing the spacers all seems to be working as expected. Thanks

This thread is marked as solved. An answer might not be needed anymore.