P10 Display Issues

Andy247

New elf
After you've tried what Derf suggested and if that doesn't fix the problem can you cut some cable ties and separate the power and data cable somewhat so that nothing is loomed together.
If neither of those things do nothing then it's possible that it's your power configuration that is causing issues. I looked at the pic of the back of your matrix to see if I could see any commonality between rows that play up and all I could really see was that there were long cables from the octo and that they were loomed up which can sometimes cause issues with data corruption. The power hopefully isn't the issue but we're running out of things to look at. Putting a link between the -ve terminals of the P10-Fuse boards could prevent the problem and using the same power supply the supply the full row rather than being split across a couple of power supplies and a couple of fuse boards.
#fairlypuzzled
Tried clamping data cable ends and made up 2 spares. Now only 1 row is playing up, but no matter what combination of new cables and different onto ports, cannot get it right. Will try adding -ve of fuses together tomorrow afternoon, but -ve of both power supplies are connected. Grrrr

Andy247

New elf
Hey guys, got it working, thanks for all your help. I ran earths between the P10 fuse blocks and all is good now.
Still scratching my head to understand how it was causing the issues, but hey, some things were never meant to be understood.
Thanks again, off to finish the enclosure now and cable management......:thumbsup::)