P12R power connection question

jerrymac

Apprentice elf
Using a P12R with Two 12 volt power supplys (one for each of the two banks), What Jumpers do I set up. Eddie's docs show jumper 1 to 2 and 3 to 4 for shared supply and jump 2 and 3 for seperate supply. My plan is to have one of the two 12volt supply's power one bank as well as the board and the 2nd power supply handle the other bank. Not sure if this is considered shared or seperate since the board will share one supply with the output for one bank.
I assume pos and neg for each of the 2 supplys will connected with one to P00 and one to P13?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Ill try to clear this up for you as I think you might be misunderstanding as the 4th option is really not used and its the 3rd option that is most commonly used with 12vdc
ONLY P13 will supply power to the controller board
P00 will only power the 1st bank and has no physical connection to the second bank and P13 or the controller board below.
The jumpers are for if you choose to supply power for the below controller board directly from P13 or if you choose to supply power seperatly for the below controller board so it is not linked to P13

P00 and P13 are completely seperate and are not connected in any way, this enables the board to run 2 different pixel voltages. If you were using 2 x 12vdc power supplies then the most common way is to connect using option 3, option 4 just allows for a seperate power supply to power the controller board.