1. Hello Christmas Expo attendees, welcome to AusChristmasLighting!
    Download your copy of the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual (free account required)
    Introduce yourself and tell us about your display plans
  2. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

P12R Test Pattern

Discussion in 'RGB Lights - Intelligent Pixels and 3-Channel RGB' started by Madko, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Madko

Madko Full Time Elf

Hey All,

I recently connected up my 12V 2811 30LED/m strip to my P12R. I have a total of 153 pixels connected in series on universe 1 on my controller. Now when i run the test pattern the last 3 sections (last 3 pixel groups) are not lighting up. I thought it was a voltage issue so i injected more power and now i have 11.37Vdc at those pixels. I even changed over my strip and it still has the same problem.

I was wondering even though i have set universe 1 to 153 pixel config does the P12R by default only light up 150 pixels? I thought the total output was 170 pixels.

Any ideas would be great

Cheers

2. OP
    OP
    Madko

Madko Full Time Elf

Hey All Again,

I found the problem! Here i was changing the the string config for universe 1 but the way i had the P12R mounted and wired i was actually connected to universe 10! So once i changed the config and rebooted the controller the the last 3 groups of pixels lit up and working!

So far what i learning curve! Glad i haven't burnt anything out yet!