P12R troubleshooting assistance needed

shiner

New elf
Existing gear that was working fine last season (2013), now it is behaving like entire strings are bad (which may be possible).

Equipment:
Software is LOR3 outputting e1.31
J1Sys P12R
J1Sys PPD-C (x3 category cable output board w/ 4 outputs)
J1Sys PPR-A (x12 to cover all outputs)

When I lit up for Halloween, I used David's da_e131 tool to set an RGB color of purple on the house (blasting all channels on all universes). During this event, I observed one window element who's first few pixels were correct, but the remainders were not. I then replaced the pixels above and below the start of the problem, and the problem was resolved.

However, now that I have Christmas running, I am using LOR3 (just like last year) to drive the show. Of the 10 outputs I am using, two are behaving as if they are not receiving any channel information. The pixels power on and stay at random colors - but do not change to the sequence. Same sequences as last year that have programming for these nodes.

To troubleshoot this, I have tried to isolate the variables and have honed in on configuration or the J1Sys PPD.

If I try a known good PPRs on the PPD output, no change. Using the same PPR and moving to a different PPD output for a grouping of higher channel count, it works. I think I have ruled out the PPR as the problem.

I have confirmed the RGB channel configuration in the LOR software, and cross referenced that to the J1Sys P12R gateway settings. I've made 0 sequence changes and 0 config changes to the P12r over last season. Things here look correct.

Both problematic outputs appear to be on the same PPD - outs 1 and 4. I reconfigured an output on a different PPD unit (it was an unused output) to take on the properties of PPD1 OUT 4. When connected to the new port, the window element worked without issue. More signs that something is up with my PPD unit #1.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to nail this down further? If I had a spare PPD - that would help, but I don't. I am just relocating loads to unused ports. I would like to know if the board is bad and if I need another. All signs point to YES - but Ed hasn't heard of this happening before and things it is unlikely that is my problem.

shiner

New elf
It would appear that Outs 1,2, and 4 on PPD #1 are not functioning. #2 has never been used before, so that is crummy. I find it odd that OUT3 would be cruising along seemingly unaffected.