p12s at sydney mini!!!! place your orders now

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Hi Everyone

I have been talking with ed from j1sys about his p12s

he is working hard to have them ready for the Sydney mini.

he has also offered to send some to me for people to collect from the Sydney mini. so those of you who are interested please post here or pm me so I can let Ed know how many to send to me.

if you could let me know asap as ed is looking to send them this Friday that would be great.

now what the heck is a P12S and why should i care. When we designed the P12R we added the R suffix as an indicator that it drove the strings in a round-robin mode. the processor has 3 available SPI outputs which we then demux into driving the 12 strings. each SPI services 4 strings. we had planned a P12S for a while but never found the combination of MCU and ASICs that we wanted.

the ASIC we found for the XCG-X2A is a powerful and flexible device with the capability of unloading the main MCU with the work needed to drive the strings. it also has the capability to drive many more strings on a 1:1 basis. so we used it in the XCG-X2A to drive the new dual string connectors and started on the design to use 2x of them for the P12S. it is possible that only 1 could drive all 12 strings but that would be at the top of its limits and we wanted the headroom for growth of functionality to evolve over time.

so the new ECG-P12S is an upgrade to the ECG-P12R. we will continue to sell and support the P12R but we strongly recommend the newer/better unit. we will be offering an upgrade program for existing customers.

the ECG-P12S will drive 12 strings of lights. we will support the same pixel types as the P12R and will be adding new pixel types to both where possible. the GECE lights should be added soon to the P12S but are not readily possible to operate with the round-robin P12R.

the ECG-P12S is the same width as the P12R but has grown from 3in to 4in in depth (see photos below). otherwise all wiring and connections are the same.

one surprise we have kept under wraps is the addition of 2x P-DMX connectors on the P12S. so a single P12S will drive 12 universes of pixel strings plus provide two universes of DMX output.

pricing is still not set in stone. we have to get a few final cost figures from our assemblers. we are targeting a price of $225 USD for the P12S vs $175 for the P12R.

thanx, ed

p12s_2-jpg.3872

View attachment 3870 View attachment 3872 View attachment 3874 View attachment 3876

mborg10

Michael Borg
Yeah I want one and will pick it up from the Sydney mini if that's cool.

So does that mean previously I needed a p12r for 12 pixel string universes and a separate ECG-d2 for my dmx devices BUT now I just need the p12s

Benslights

Dedicated elf
ok guys I will let ed know. if you all could pm me your details so I can get ed to raise a invoice for you later next week that would be great.

for the guys in other states let me chat with ed and see if he wants to send them to me or if it is easier for him to send to you direct.

keep the orders coming.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
damicka that is correct. so when you look at it like that the p12s is great value for money

bbayjohn

Senior elf
I would be interested in an upgrade if that's still an option. Maybe I can get my uDCG-P2 working off oen of those dmx outputs and still use my lor controllers and not loose my shimmer and twinkle. :D

Benslights

Dedicated elf
John that is something you should email ed about. as I am only doing this to help ed out and do not know anything about the upgrade plans ed has in mind.

bbayjohn

Senior elf
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
John that is something you should email ed about. as I am only doing this to help ed out and do not know anything about the upgrade plans ed has in mind.

Cheers Ben. Email sent to Ed.