p12s enclosure

shtonkalot

New elf
I'm searching for a good waterproof box for my P12S. What's everyone else using?

I bought a couple of Masters $10 boxes but they aren't really that good. Looking for something a bit better constructed that has a good seal on it.

I'm considering just breaking out some tupperware but would like to know what others have come up with.

Another concern is cable glands for ethernet cables. Is there a solution that doesn't require me crimping my own network cables?

I use CG-1500 enclosures. I buy them here. http://radiant-holidays.com/radiant_holidays/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=7lj1l48qsctsqrq0tuoan4jrf0
Last year I mounted a P12R and a PC power supply in one and it worked great. This year I will be mounting a P12S in one and two Power supplies in another one right next to it. Since the P12S has the DMX outputs on the other side I won't have enough room to get the power supply and controller in the same box.
I have a picture if you want to see it let me know. I can send it via PM, not sure how to add it on here.

Lee

Habbosrus

Back again
I was heading over to Masters today to buy some of those weatherproof boxes. Is it worth the trip? Closest Masters is 55km away.

shtonkalot

New elf
Lee_N_the_NorthWest said:
I use CG-1500 enclosures...

..I have a picture if you want to see it let me know. I can send it via PM, not sure how to add it on here.

Lee
Cheers for the link, looks good. I'd love to see a pic.

It would be really nice to have a properly designed case for the P12s with cut outs for the ports and connections. I don't suppose anyone has experience is designing such things? I know you can get cases 3d printed in small quantities if you have the design.

Gray_magic

The CLAP is highly infectous and incurable!!!
not sure how to add it on here
When you post a reply there is an attachment and other options at the bottom of the text window. You can upload them from your PC there.

Habbosrus

Back again
Lee_N_the_NorthWest said:
I use CG-1500 enclosures.
I have a picture if you want to see it let me know. I can send it via PM, not sure how to add it on here.

Lee

See the icon with the picture under the Bold icon. Click that and add your picture

logandc99

Dedicated elf
http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?topic=4498

Here is a link to a pic I posted in another topic of my p12s setup with those CG1500 enclosures

Here are the photos. I used a piece of Plexiglas to mount to because the standoffs in the CG1500 did not match up.
I also moved the power plug from the PC power supply to the case.
This year I will be building two new ones with the P12S controllers.