1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

p12s enclosure

Discussion in 'EthConGateway by Joshua 1 Systems' started by shtonkalot, Aug 15, 2013.

1. shtonkalot

shtonkalot New Elf

I'm searching for a good waterproof box for my P12S. What's everyone else using?

I bought a couple of Masters $10 boxes but they aren't really that good. Looking for something a bit better constructed that has a good seal on it.

I'm considering just breaking out some tupperware but would like to know what others have come up with.

Another concern is cable glands for ethernet cables. Is there a solution that doesn't require me crimping my own network cables?

2. Lee_N_the_NorthWest

Lee_N_the_NorthWest New Elf

I use CG-1500 enclosures. I buy them here. http://radiant-holidays.com/radiant_holidays/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=7lj1l48qsctsqrq0tuoan4jrf0
    Last year I mounted a P12R and a PC power supply in one and it worked great. This year I will be mounting a P12S in one and two Power supplies in another one right next to it. Since the P12S has the DMX outputs on the other side I won't have enough room to get the power supply and controller in the same box.
    I have a picture if you want to see it let me know. I can send it via PM, not sure how to add it on here.

Lee

3. Habbosrus

Habbosrus New house (again) 2017

Find Me On:
    I was heading over to Masters today to buy some of those weatherproof boxes. Is it worth the trip? Closest Masters is 55km away.

4. DeeJai

DeeJai Is that Magic Smoke?!?

i would say not really, as LL demonstrated, the masters enclosures are not really as waterproof as they claim to be.

5. OP
    OP
    shtonkalot

shtonkalot New Elf

Cheers for the link, looks good. I'd love to see a pic.

It would be really nice to have a properly designed case for the P12s with cut outs for the ports and connections. I don't suppose anyone has experience is designing such things? I know you can get cases 3d printed in small quantities if you have the design.

6. Gray_magic

Gray_magic The CLAP is highly infectous and incurable!!!

Find Me On:
    not sure how to add it on here

7. Habbosrus

Habbosrus New house (again) 2017

Find Me On:

See the icon with the picture under the Bold icon. Click that and add your picture

8. logandc99

logandc99 Dedicated Elf

Find Me On:
    http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?topic=4498

Here is a link to a pic I posted in another topic of my p12s setup with those CG1500 enclosures

9. Lee_N_the_NorthWest

Lee_N_the_NorthWest New Elf

Here are the photos. I used a piece of Plexiglas to mount to because the standoffs in the CG1500 did not match up.
    I also moved the power plug from the PC power supply to the case.
    This year I will be building two new ones with the P12S controllers.