P12s/P12X Speed

Greg

New elf
I have the P12S/P12x Card and am using it to make a pixel matrix, I have everything hooked up and all lights work from my sequencer (LOR) but I see some flickering in the pixels, I don't know if it is a power issue or a Speed issue on the card.

Here is my setup:
Using E1.31
12 String 50 pixel Horizontal Matrix 5V
Each String is on its own universe and output
1-5v 200w power supply supplying both sides of the board
Under string config on the set up page the speed is set to 3500. I have no idea why its set to 3500 or if that is even correct?

Any Idea why the flickering? I don't know if its a power issue or card issue or....?

Can someone explain what the speed has to do with the card? I really don't understand that

Thanks in Advance

Greg

New elf
I lowered the speed on the card form 3500 to 2400 and the flickering stopped, YEAH!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Greg said:
I lowered the speed on the card form 3500 to 2400 and the flickering stopped, YEAH!

Great to hear you worked it out, normally the longer the cable the slower the speed until a point where it wont work

Greg

New elf
The cable from the controller to the pixels was only 8-ft so I figured it wasn't the length of the cable, I just really didn't know anything about the Baud rate/speed. Is there anything out there that has some detail on exactly what the card baud rate and speed does? I understand its a different speed for different types of pixels, I was just trying to gain a little more knowledge in the area,

Thanks

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Greg said:
The cable from the controller to the pixels was only 8-ft so I figured it wasn't the length of the cable, I just really didn't know anything about the Baud rate/speed. Is there anything out there that has some detail on exactly what the card baud rate and speed does? I understand its a different speed for different types of pixels, I was just trying to gain a little more knowledge in the area,

Thanks

The cable properties also play an important role here as well.

But in some cases the chip in the lights can also require the speed to be turned down

I dont think there is any science/data behind this, but its more about seeing what works for your application, start at 3500 for 2811 and 2812b and work your way down from there.

The speed change reduces the 'refresh rate' making the signal more stable